Cycling Active

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
It professed to have non-compulsion stance but month after month it it slips in pro helmet letters and comments. This month yet another "lid saved my life" letter from a soon-to-be PE teacher who will show kids "why they should wear one and stay safe on the road". Beside this is a lovely picture of 2 helmeted riders captioned "Choose helmets, choose life"! Funnily enough, there was then a, 15 of the best helmet, review. :rolleyes: "Most cyclists wear a helmet, despite there being no legal requirement to do so. Frankly, why wouldn't you."?

The implication being that I am a numpty. Subscription cancelled.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cycling Plus do the same.
There's always a letter once a month saying that a plastic hat saved a cyclists life.

Angry Blonde

Über Member
I always wear one, just on the proviso that my friends dad was knocked off his bike, he was in a coma for months, came round and is knackered mentally and physically, the hospital says it would be totally different if he had wore a helmet, im not arrrsed one bit if other people do or not

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Is the rest of the magazine not worth reading though ? With or without the helmet stuff

Not really, I suppose it was when I was bike-dumb but now I seem to be reading an interminable re-hash of "Best hybrid for £500", "Best road bike for £1k" etc etc I only like the UK rides section (nice pics) at the back, I won't miss it, or, being talked down to.

Drago

Legendary Member
Whether we agree with it or not, all this bleating about helmets hear to stay. If we stop talking to folk, visiting websites or reading magazines because of it then it wont be long before we cut ourselves off entirely from the world of cycling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom