Cycling Active

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
You could always wear headphones instead :rolleyes:

no that doesn't help protect ears as I would have to put it on real loud to drown out the " blah example blah good blah nag kids nag moan moan helmet " that she trots out.

and anyways last time I checked a pissy bit of plastic and blown styrene didn't help with a few tonnes across a torso.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Not really, I suppose it was when I was bike-dumb but now I seem to be reading an interminable re-hash of "Best hybrid for £500", "Best road bike for £1k" etc etc I only like the UK rides section (nice pics) at the back, I won't miss it, or, being talked down to.
Cycling Active and Cycling Plus are written by MAMILS for MAMILS. When "The Next Big Thing" comes along taking all the hipsters with it they'll disappear up their own backsides.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Cycling---Eddy-Merckx-008.jpg

dodgy

Magazines were useful, before the Internet.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Were I to ever compete, and the wearing of a helmet was a prerequisite for taking part, then I would wear one. Not out of any safety concern, but purely to allow me access to an event of my choice. I would ride to the event helmetless, and ride home helmetless.

Cycling is not dangerous.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Grrrrr.......:cursing: I did stop buying the magazine, but...................my good lady bought me a subscription for Christmas.:sad: Every month it's still chipping in with pro-helmet and "fool for not wearing one" comments, I've asked for "World Soccer" for next year.

Licramite

Über Member
Were I to ever compete, and the wearing of a helmet was a prerequisite for taking part, then I would wear one. Not out of any safety concern, but purely to allow me access to an event of my choice. I would ride to the event helmetless, and ride home helmetless.

Cycling is not dangerous.

Your right - being run down by stupid motorist/tractor driver/ lorry driver - now thats dangerous.

Whilst at a 100 mile time trial yesterday I was amused to see a slow moving cyclist coming towards me in full Sky kit, dark mirror glasses wearing earphones, he was probably doing around 11 mph and riding a little too far out into the road, anyway a time triallist moving at at least 25 mph was catching him very quickly and shouted to warn him he was passing [it was a very busy A road and noisy so the overtaking rider didn't want to have to pull out too far into the traffic], now most cyclists would glance back and either pull into the side or move close to the verge while the racing cyclist went past. Not this guy, it was clear he was oblivious to what was going on in the world around him. Nobber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom