Cycling and Beer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm doing a 35 mile loop tomorrow and the homeward leg is Otterton to Ottery St Mary which looks fairly flattish as it follows the river otter but i'l report back tomorrow on that one

If you want really flat then drive over to the Turf Locks just outside of Exeter and ride the canal path down into Exeter Quayside and have lunch then cycle back to the car

Simon

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Muddyfox said:
If you want really flat then drive over to the Turf Locks just outside of Exeter and ride the canal path down into Exeter Quayside and have lunch then cycle back to the car

Simon

Sounds perfick, cheers dude.

If you dont fancy going into Exeter ? drive over to Exmouth and use the Exe Estuary trail from Exmouth to Exton, i rode along part of this on sunday and it's very pleasant and flat

Simon

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Muddyfox said:
If you dont fancy going into Exeter ? drive over to Exmouth and use the Exe Estuary trail from Exmouth to Exton, i rode along part of this on sunday and it's very pleasant and flat

Simon

Marvellous - cheers dude.

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Well, what a gorgeous part of the world, but hills! Croist!

Didn't manage to get on the bikes at all which was a shame - next year, we'll take them with us to Exmouth and cycle along the beach. Lush.

Thanks for the info dudes/ettes.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Muddyfox said:

Simon

Or park at Double-locks (or better at the Quay and cycle to Double-locks... have a beer, cycle to Turf locks... have a beer... and cyle back...

For the hardcore real-ale days of my youth:

Pint of Royal Oak at the Prospect on the Quay, another pint of RO at Double locks (or some other venerable pint), pint at Turf locks, ferry to Topsham, pint at the Bridge-in, then another pint... and another... then phone Dad to collect us in his van... ;)

Top Bottom