Cycling Bell-ends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Was it the cyclist or the motorist who was dressed all in black without any lights? I saw plenty of both on my way home today.

Does it make life difficult? I think I slightly prefer the unlit ones to the idiots with dazzling full beams on all the time.

markemark

Über Member
The tensions between cyclists and motorists are not being helped by some of the complete bell-ends I see on my drive home at night. Dressed all in black and without any lights, but it would be the driver who was at fault if there was a collision.

This kind of behaviour makes life very difficult for the rest of us.
I always cycle with lights.

Quick question, if said driver crashed into an unlit parked car, whose fault would it be?

winjim

Smash the cistern

Quick question, if said driver crashed into an unlit parked car, whose fault would it be?
Car should be parked in the direction of traffic flow and visible by reflectors.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
When I go through the internet it just appears that there are an awful lot of angry people in the UK. If its not bikes and cars its people scrapping on trains and tubes because someone is not wearing a mask. It is obviously not about being infected because those complaining are actually wearing masks. I think they think the masked ones are annoyed because they are obeying the rules and wearing masks. In Denmark the masked people would move a couple of seats away from the person not wearing the mask and that would be it. No accusations, screaming or shouting or fighting. As for cars and bikes. The car drivers here know that the cyclists have the upper hand. If you knock a cyclist over in Denmark you have a problem. But we all seem to get along very well. But our football supporters are called "Roligans". Maybe its that attitude which makes life so easy here.

Roligan is a nickname for a supporter of the Danish national football team. Roligans are noted for being the opposite of hooligans, i.e. calm, quiet, well-mannered supporters of their team who shun unsportsmanlike behavior or violence.

When I go through the internet it just appears that there are an awful lot of angry people in the UK. If its not bikes and cars its people scrapping on trains and tubes because someone is not wearing a mask. It is obviously not about being infected because those complaining are actually wearing masks. I think they think the masked ones are annoyed because they are obeying the rules and wearing masks. In Denmark the masked people would move a couple of seats away from the person not wearing the mask and that would be it. No accusations, screaming or shouting or fighting. As for cars and bikes. The car drivers here know that the cyclists have the upper hand. If you knock a cyclist over in Denmark you have a problem. But we all seem to get along very well. But our football supporters are called "Roligans". Maybe its that attitude which makes life so easy here.

Roligan is a nickname for a supporter of the Danish national football team. Roligans are noted for being the opposite of hooligans, i.e. calm, quiet, well-mannered supporters of their team who shun unsportsmanlike behavior or violence.
I think you are right !
It could be that we are almost at breaking point with things going on . Mindless idiots wherever we look . The laws seem to be so narrow . It seems that you can be knocked off your bike by a driver gaming on a mobile phone and they would get away with it but not if they were phoning someone ! :wacko: Electric scooters can be bought by anyone and should only be used on private land and not on roads or pavements . Who is going to stop them ? :wacko: We have had lockdowns yet thousands of people have been flying in and out of the country without any restrictions . :angry: Fly tipping ! I could go on and on !

Alex321

Veteran

The driver of course.

And as the OP said, it would be the driver at fault if he hit the cyclist.

Though having said that, if it was an unlit road, then a car driver parking on the carriageway without lights would have been acting illegally, just as the cyclist was by riding without lights.

Top Bottom