Cycling Biographies/Autobiographies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm currently reading In Search Of Robert Millar which I am thoroughly enjoying but almost finished. Can anyone recommend some other cycling biographies/autobiographies. Thanks.
(Apologies if there's already a thread on this subject)

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
The Death of Marco Pantani: A Biography by Matt Rendell, essential reading, just reading it again for the 2nd time...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Marco-Pantani-Biography/dp/0297850962

BearPear

Veteran
I may get shot down for this, but I enjoyed Mr Armstrong's "It's not about the bike". A lot of it is about his cancer experience, but overall you get a sense of him working damned hard to get to where he is.

c2c

redredrobin
Murray1903 said:
I'm currently reading In Search Of Robert Millar which I am thoroughly enjoying but almost finished. Can anyone recommend some other cycling biographies/autobiographies. Thanks.
(Apologies if there's already a thread on this subject)

I have read that one, fascinating guy Millar. Im not sure of the actual titles but Beryl Burton`s, and Stephen Roche`s books are very good.

Chrisc

Guru
Just read 'Sex lies and handlebar tape,' Jaques Anquetil and 'Put me back on my Bike,' Tom Simpson. Both good reads, the latter being the better book methinks.
Also Wiggins book is enjoable. In pursuit of glory.

OP
OP
M

Murray1903

Thanks for all the replies, I'll check some of them out. I finally received Fallen Angel, The Passion of Fausto Coppi today, I ordered it weeks ago and was beginning to think it would never arrive, i think it should be a good read.

normgow

Guru
"A Full Cycle" by Vin Denson
"A dog with a hat on" by Joe Parkin
"A Peiper's Tale" by Alan Peiper

for German and Dutch speakers or readers Peter Winnen's "Post aus Alpe d'Huez"
"Van Santander naar Santander. Brieven uit het Peloton"

One book I would never recommend is "Tales from the Peloton" by Bernard Hinault.
Unreadable!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
If you like football as well as cycling try Geoff Thomas' book, Riding through the storm. I bought it from 'The Works' HB copy for about £2 iirc not a bad read

Top Bottom