Cycling books - for inspiration!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello,

I'm looking to inspire myself for training for the London-Cambridge (OK I know this is a distance some people do as a commute :smile: but not me!)

Anyone read any 'inspiring' cycling books they would like to recommend?

I am actually planning to do some CYCLING as well as READING, but I usually find this sort of thing to be quite helpful for getting in the right 'space'.

Thanks! :wacko:

jashburnham

French Revolutions byTim Moore - hilarious as well.

Tynan

Veteran
I watch the courier racing vids on youtube or read anything about the tour de france types, either of those sets me off like a loon for a couple of days

that or buy any piece of clothing of a vaguely go fast nature

the bib tights work their magic every time I put them on

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Apologies upfront for being somewhat 'off-brief' in that even I wouldn't claim this to be 'inspiring' in particular, but if you don't have a copy of Richard's Bicycle Book, you should. (And you can get 'em 2nd hand for about £3 incl. p&p.)

ChrisKH

Guru
I have three Armstrong books which are inspirational in their own way if you're interested and Paul Kimmage Rough Ride. Happy to post these on if you offer them to the forum afterwards.

ChrisKH. You have a pm from me! :smile:

I'm currently reading and enjoying "The complete Book of Long Distance Cycling...." by Burke and Pavelka.

I've got it on loan from my local public library, but if you enter "Long Distance Cycling" on amazon, it'll head up the list, and cost £8.57. It's ace.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Just get your leg over, that should be all the inspiration you need...

... your leg over the saddle that is :ohmy:

ash68

not strictly cycling books I know but you could try Jane Tomlinson's "the luxury of Time" and "you can't take it with you". Certainly inspirational books, but you may shed a few tears in the process of reading them. Makes me appreciate life, good health and the freedom we all get when out on our bikes. Ain't it a good life:smile:
+1 for Allan Peiper's - A piper's Tale.

Top Bottom