Cycling Cap Pattern

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlesF

Guru
My son is completely mad and is taking part in "This is Not a Tour" in June. He is enhancing his sartorial elegance with rainbow socks knitted by his old Mum and wants to make a classic cycling cap.

So, I'm looking for a 3-panel pattern with a small brim, something like this (which isn't 3-panel but similar to what he wants).
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Exgq4ISChjlwZxiCXPU5YAHaHa%26pid%3D15.jpg

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I’m also thinking of doing one or two of the above rides.

Could she do the ‘deconstruction to construct’ method? That’s is: Buy a cheap Planet X cap and pickit apart?

I bought maybe half a dozen cheap black caps from Planet X and then had a t shirt printer put my gardening company logo on them. They look great.

Is your son wearing the Zim Rainbow colours? I found a cycling top on eBay in Zim stripes specifically for the Exmouth Exodus 100 mile night ride. I think you get the reasoning behind my outfit choice :okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
CharlesF

CharlesF

Guru
Roadrash, we did find those, I was hoping someone would havea tried and tested pattern. The dillpickle one is the most promising, thanks!

Heltor Chasca, that's a good idea to de-construct one. I'm not sure what jersey he's wearing, something outlandish.

Top Bottom