Cycling club on a mountain bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boragaincyclist

Regular
Hi I really want to join my local club but I am more into off road so I have a mountain bike but I don't want to ride on the road, would they accept me?

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
What's the name of the club and where is it?

D

Deleted member 26715

Depends on the club, my club has a strong MTB section, also a Running section & a CX section.

outlash

also available in orange
If you can keep up I don't see why not. There's a guy who does my CC's chaingang on a MTB and does just fine. But he's properly quick and I'm sure he does it only for a laugh.

OP
OP
B

Boragaincyclist

Regular
I do ride road, it is Hythe cycling club. I have seen them tearing around locally but they look pretty hardcore, full lycra, clip in pedals etc.

A few times I have wished I was on a properly sorted bike, even an aluminum mountain bike so I could chase them up the hill for a laugh:bicycle:

Unfortunately if you so much as look at the chain wrongly on the bike I was riding it skips rather violently, I am going to be buying a bike from Phaeton off here.

screenman

Legendary Member
I do ride road, it is Hythe cycling club. I have seen them tearing around locally but they look pretty hardcore, full lycra, clip in pedals etc.

A few times I have wished I was on a properly sorted bike, even an aluminum mountain bike so I could chase them up the hill for a laugh:bicycle:

Unfortunately if you so much as look at the chain wrongly on the bike I was riding it skips rather violently, I am going to be buying a bike from Phaeton off here.

You have only seen a very small percentage of the club members, have you seen all of those who do not cycle in club kit?

Reactions: mjr

screenman

Legendary Member
I would say that most of our club members who cycle own and ride mountain bikes as well as road bikes.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
they look pretty hardcore, full lycra, clip in pedals etc. .

Erm ... that would describe many on here, me included :becool:

You'll find that a lot of these probably have an MTB and ride that as well - if they don't have a ride it's a chance to start one.

My club now has three rides started this year as unofficial ones (Monday night recovery, Tuesday 'Tufty' semi-older and Thursday chain-gang that have now been adopted as official rides. There's also been a B-group added and occasional MTB rides.

So ask ...

Top Bottom