Cycling Club suitable for beginners in Stalybridge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
http://www.saddleworthclarion.co.uk/skyrides.htm perhaps? I don't really know the local clubs. Someone in Greater Manchester Cycling Campaign may have more idea. http://www.manchesterfoe.org.uk/loveyourbike/cycling-events-calendar/ shows quite a lot of cycling going on.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
@dan_bo is a member of Saddleworth Clarion

Yes I am!

I haven't been able to join in one of their Saturday morning 'Skyrides' but they're popular. Amiable bunch they are too.

There's also eastlands velo, mossley crt and middleton cycling club.

What is it you want from your riding? general fitness, racing, social rides? advice?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Yes I am!

I haven't been able to join in one of their Saturday morning 'Skyrides' but they're popular. Amiable bunch they are too.

There's also eastlands velo, mossley crt and middleton cycling club.

What is it you want from your riding? general fitness, racing, social rides? advice?

Then there's the mighty Glossop Kinder Velo. But they do seem to like to ride up and down hills a lot though

screenman

Legendary Member
Yep their parcours for a sunday morning is typically lumpy it has to be said.

Is that every rider in the club, we have 170+ members in our club, at the most we get 25 out on a Sunday run split into smaller groups from 14mph and up. The other 145 do their own thing in their own time and at their own speed. What most are happy to do though is have a ride with a club mate.

OP
OP
damianr

damianr

Regular
Hi, thanks for this gents.

@dan_bo basically I'm just happy to ride my bike at the moment! Eventually I would like to race but I need to lose a few lbs and get fitter first.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Hi, thanks for this gents.

@dan_bo basically I'm just happy to ride my bike at the moment! Eventually I would like to race but I need to lose a few lbs and get fitter first.
I'm out most weekends, MTB/road mix. Giz a shout if you wanna hook up.

screenman

Legendary Member
Nice big club! Which is it?

Lincoln Wheelers, but most of the clubs I have known over the last 45 years have been much the same. Some people who do not know better think that the Sunday run is all important and everyone in the club does it, just pointing out how wrong that is.

Top Bottom