Cycling clubs around Leigh / Wigan area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icky

gone pedlin
:bicycle:Anyone know if there's a club around Leigh / Wigan area that maybe gos out on week day rides as I generally work weekends

PaulSB

Legendary Member
There are guys from Chorley Cycling Club who get out during the week. Official rides are Saturday and Sunday with shorter training rides Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

Rides during the week get organised on Facebook.

I realise it's a hike from Wigan but we do have members from the Manchester area.

OP
OP
I

icky

gone pedlin
There are guys from Chorley Cycling Club who get out during the week. Official rides are Saturday and Sunday with shorter training rides Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

Rides during the week get organised on Facebook.

I realise it's a hike from Wigan but we do have members from the Manchester area.
Thanks PaulSB Tuesday nights would be the one I'll look them up on't tinterweb

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi icky.
If you're a Leyther then I live just up the road from you (Atherton).
I was considering a club myself for maybe spring/summer time & have looked @ both Leigh Premier & Wigan Wheelers - Astley CC might be worth a look too as it might be more informal.
Like you - I am tied mainly to weekdays due to my job.
Post me if you find what your looking for in a club.
Not sure if I want to do the whole 'Club Kit' thing though - in fact - I know I don't as I have spent a fortune on my own gear & club kit usually looks awful &/or GEEKY.
What sort of rides do you do currently ?
Cheers - Steve.

OP
OP
I

icky

gone pedlin
Hi Steve ironically im a Athy lad living in Leigh , not had much luck with the clubs as most of them ride out weekend mornings when im at work so I've just stuck to lone riding usually around Wigan ,Warrington ,Bolton usually 25 to 30 mile and on a day off ill occasionally push it to 60+ if I have the time on my hands . Was looking at clubs to improve my techniques and also for the company and will have another look into it this year try and make connections with riders that go out weekday afternoons.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi Steve ironically im a Athy lad living in Leigh , not had much luck with the clubs as most of them ride out weekend mornings when im at work so I've just stuck to lone riding usually around Wigan ,Warrington ,Bolton usually 25 to 30 mile and on a day off ill occasionally push it to 60+ if I have the time on my hands . Was looking at clubs to improve my techniques and also for the company and will have another look into it this year try and make connections with riders that go out weekday afternoons.
Icky.
I am an outcast Manc who lived in Leigh & a Centurions supporter hence my username.
I won't be venturing out 'till spring/summer due to childcare & work really but I have a mate who goes out in the week with his buddy.
They have invited me out & I don't see any reason why this can't be +1.
Like I say it will most likely be spring for me - little one goes an extra day to nursery from July.
I will look out for you on here for possible future ride out or 3.

OP
OP
I

icky

gone pedlin
Look
Icky.
I am an outcast Manc who lived in Leigh & a Centurions supporter hence my username.
I won't be venturing out 'till spring/summer due to childcare & work really but I have a mate who goes out in the week with his buddy.
They have invited me out & I don't see any reason why this can't be +1.
Like I say it will most likely be spring for me - little one goes an extra day to nursery from July.
I will look out for you on here for possible future ride out or 3.
Look forward to it Steve time out with other cyclists is prime will keep in contact on here and see what we can arange in spring

davdandy

Hi guys.

My first post here and i saw this topic.By the way my name is Dave.

I live in Leigh too,well Lowton to be precise but a born and bred Leyther.I rode with Leigh prem last year and they are a good set of lads,the only problem is that they are race orientated,they enter comps and are very good at it too.Not really what i was looking for myself but i`m sure you would be welcomed.

Have you tried leigh-Life,me and a few others have set up a cycle group for people like me,who work during the week and not interested in racing but love cycling and touring round the local townships.We average between 30 and 50 miles but will increase that as we move on through the year.Go and check us out.

http://www.leighlife.com/index.php?action=forum

Go to the hobbies section near the bottom and you will find a few cycling threads to look at.

Top Bottom