Cycling clubs around Leigh / Wigan area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
I

icky

gone pedlin
Cheers Davdandy will have a butcher's might see you out and about as we're local to each other

davdandy

Of course Icky we could form our own club,we get some like minded people and i`ll do the same and see how we get on.Thats how most clubs form anyways,its just a matter of getting the ball rolling and spreading the word.

rosberg2112

hi guys
i have just joined the LRCC group on facebook.
im new to cycling and from the leigh area and wouldnt mind jumping on

davdandy

We are a very small group but picking up members all the time.We only started this Summer.Nice to have you join Rosberg.

Post something about yourself and your bike and rides so we can see who we are up against.^_^

rosberg2112

you got me on strava now I think mate so you can see what I do...but I dont think I am much threat at present looking at your strava activty!!
I got a ribble pro carbon...my first road bike....not that I know loads but I think its a good starter :smile:

davdandy

Hey,you did a 15.4 average over 32 miles mate so don't knock yourself.That is very good going indeed.Come out with us tomorrow (Sunday) and see hoe you do.You can always turn round and head back if you struggle.We are not Froome or Wiggo you know,some of us (ahem) are not exactly in our twenties anymore.

rosberg2112

sent you a message on facebook mate
and the 15.4 over 32 isnt a good reflection because half of that was on hills at about 6mph haha! deffo not constant whereas you guys prob average much faster on the hills and id get left and dont want to slow you down ...

david k

Hi
Hi guys.

My first post here and i saw this topic.By the way my name is Dave.

I live in Leigh too,well Lowton to be precise but a born and bred Leyther.I rode with Leigh prem last year and they are a good set of lads,the only problem is that they are race orientated,they enter comps and are very good at it too.Not really what i was looking for myself but i`m sure you would be welcomed.

Have you tried leigh-Life,me and a few others have set up a cycle group for people like me,who work during the week and not interested in racing but love cycling and touring round the local townships.We average between 30 and 50 miles but will increase that as we move on through the year.Go and check us out.

http://www.leighlife.com/index.php?action=forum

Go to the hobbies section near the bottom and you will find a few cycling threads to look at.

just down the road in St Helens, been out with my local club a couple of times but didnt really enjoy it as it was more race orientated. if you find a local club that are a bit more open to my tipe of riding please do let me know

just down the road in St Helens, been out with my local club a couple of times but didnt really enjoy it as it was more race orientated. if you find a local club that are a bit more open to my tipe of riding please do let me know
Have you tried wigan wheelers ...
when I lived in wigan a few years back I used to ride with them on a club run (sunday)
different pace groups .. sociable/friendly bunch

Top Bottom