Cycling clubs around Leigh / Wigan area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi @davdandy

do you still get out with your little group from the Leigh-Life page ?

Sorry, this will sound like a lot of twaddle.

I have been looking at clubs but don't want to commit to a certain day every week or so many times per month etc as I am time poor due to work & family commitments.

I would like to get out with a group or club on an as & when I can basis though.

Reading your post, your group might be right up my street, although so far i haven't managed to find the exact page on Leigh-Life.

Although i am reasonably fit, because i usually cycle alone i worry a little about the usual group riding things, the do's & don'ts & holding others up etc.

As i will be entering a couple of Sportives & other events this year (for fun not racing) i need to learn how to ride in a group & just for the fun & camaraderie aspect too.

So if your group is still going, please post back.

Thanks.

davdandy

Hi Ste.

We are as yet,a small group of like minded people who like to ride our bikes.We do not race or enter competitions,although we do like sportives like the Manchester cycle for instance.

And because we are small,but growing,we take each ride as a play it by the ear kind of thing,someone suggest a ride and we go,sometime short sometimes long,some flat some hilly,but always changing and adapting.We have no fees or memberships,just turn up and join in.We have no speed limits but do ride around the 15/16 mph mark to give you an idea,but of course on the hilly rides that goes down.

The leigh life link is in the clubs and groups section about half way down the page,look for cycling club,click it and you will find us at the top of the page.But here it is in case you missed it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/leighrevolution/

It is a closed group but just ask to join and we will add you Ste.

See you over there mate.

Last edited:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
You gonna have a dabble too @stephec mate ?

Good on yer :thumbsup:

davdandy

Sorry mate, I just won't do facebook, just had a small conversation about FB over in the tea thread.

I will however keep in touch via CC & Leigh-Life.

Thanks.

No problems SteCenturion,we always post on Leigh-life,but this time of year things are slack but give it another month and we will be back in full flow.

Top Bottom