Cycling deaths: Fewer than half of drivers face jail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
How common are these Information systems in cars, is it just in brand new cars across the board or only top end cars? Our car has a radio and CD player so we are a bit behind.

How common are these Information systems in cars ....
Dunno - but a lot of Audis (at least) have ........ a speed limit gizmo, summat that helps the driver stay in lane, and all sorts of parking gubbins.

Only 2 possible explanations for the standard of Audi driving then - the ******s have switched them all off; or they've fallen asleep at the wheel and the car's on autopilot. :sad:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The CPS decide that not looking ahead of you for fifteen seconds is just Careless. Plea bargaining.
Guaranteed conviction at great saving to the public purse
-vs-
maybe he will get convicted but it depends on a lot variables.

Pragmatic lot the CPS.

Last edited:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
To be fair it's not just vulnerable road users. People in cars are often killed by other drivers and have the same lack of justice.

The incarceration rate is 60% overall for drivers who kill by driving dangerously, but well below 50% for those drivers who killed a cyclist. That's a rather large difference between killing a cyclist and the average. In my view it needs explaining.

400bhp

Guru
The incarceration rate is 60% overall for drivers who kill by driving dangerously, but well below 50% for those drivers who killed a cyclist. That's a rather large difference between killing a cyclist and the average. In my view it needs explaining.

Is it really the case or is it simply 60% incarceration rate for drivers that have killed someone whilst driving?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
"I don't think it's fair because I wasn't driving dangerously, I wasn't driving erratically," he said. "I just failed to see someone who was on the road."

Why what were you doing you twat? Playing with your phone of looking for your ciggies?!:angry:

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I know. They should get more points for hitting a smaller target.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Naughty! Is it time for that vid of the pygmy marmoset and the keyboard again?
Ooh, don't tempt me!

Top Bottom