Cycling dissertation research

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
7. Do you think the current indoor trainers listed above on the market provide a realistic outdoor cycling experience?
Yes
No

How about 'Don't Know' for those that have never used an indoor trainer.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hi there,
I'm a 4th year student and would love it if you could take 2 minutes out of your day to answer some simple questions, the survey link is here:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/STQZ52T
Thanks in advance

@Simon Cox - I'm not sure where you're a student at since there is no introduction to the questionnaire (which contravenes research ethics guidelines) but have concerns over a number of the questions, let alone there's no introduction. This is particularly so given the dichotomous questions that link to what I guess is your dissertation topic of indoor trainers.

There is no way I'd let one of my students offer this to the public. Can I suggest you re-think the questions and responses based upon the feedback here, potentially using this as a draft?

Last edited:
Wow. It's not a good survey. Cycling as transport is "other", it assumes you are "training" and if you think a high end realistic indoor training experience is worth nothing, because you haven't gone anywhere, that puts you in the "£0-300" category. Which would cover the price of almost everyone who's ever bought an indoor trainer.

Dear Simon

You are in a long queue of "students" logging onto this site and asking questions relating to cycling for their supposedly related assignments. 90% of those never even bother to come back after the initial question to see if anyone responded. They're like hunters who set up traps everywhere and only bother to visit one or two. The other 10% that do come back, have questionnaires that are poorly worded, badly thought out and totally irrelevant to us. Most of us don't bother because the initial contact (as is yours above) is totally uninspiring and lackluster. You've asked me to click on a link. Why should I? Is it relevant to me? You're a student, but a student of what? Astrology? Quantum Mechanics?
Further, any research done from an armchair is no good to man or beast. Nothing beats a good face-to-face with real subjects.
Surveymonkey is an invalid research tool, as is Facebook or any other armchair instrument.
Your professor will appreciate more effort and reward you accordingly. Also, you may just meet some people useful to your research or even your career.
Go, speak to relevant people and learn how to do proper research.
Yours sincerely
YS

Sounds more like a retail survey to me, judging by the questions.
No. It's a marketing student. Too clueless for a professional.

Top Bottom