cycling drinks 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stoneywood21

I have had a problem with Orange Lucozade sport, which has coated the inner surfaces of several of my bottles.
Tried bleach, soap and brush - Can’t get it off. Looks unwashed in translucent bottles.
I have since had protracted correspondence with the manufacturers, who are evasive and act as though they have never heard of such a fault.

Anyone else had this problem? :hyper:

I use a baby bottle steriliser. Seems to do the trick.

Incidentally I dont use lucozade, i use the SIS stuff

redjedi

Über Member
I have the same with one of my bottles.

But it's not translucent so I don't mind. I just use the same bottle for Lucozade

jimboalee

Here's my take on this.

I take a multi vit/min tab every day.

I only carry water in my bottle. This allows it to be used as a cooling wash as well as a drink.

I make simple cake icing, carry it in chunk form ( like Kendal Mint Cake ) for carb shots. Sometimes using glucose powder in replacement of the icing sugar.

This way, none of my bottles get lined with sticky stuff.

Have you tried Steradent tablets, the false-teeth-cleaning jobbies? My Father-In-Law put me on to this as he (sadly) has false gnashers but also uses the tabs to clean out his hip flask which he takes shooting with him. I've used them successfully on several occasions to clean out water bottles which have been left and gone manky.

ChrisKH

Guru
Milton Steralising fluid (the baby bottle cleaner) as others have said works wonders and I use this periodically to steralise all my bottles. Having said that if I have a proprietary drink like that I tend to keep it in the bottle it comes in. I have other energy mix drinks which I swear by and they don't stain the bottle. The Lucozade drinks I think are particularly expensive for what they are.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You're a cyclist and you drink Lucozade? Feck me. I bet you eat at McDonalds too?

Milton is just bleach; it won't remove scale, it just bleaches it so you think it's gone.

OP
OP
stoneywood21

stoneywood21

ChrisKH said:
Milton Steralising fluid (the baby bottle cleaner) as others have said works wonders and I use this periodically to steralise all my bottles. Having said that if I have a proprietary drink like that I tend to keep it in the bottle it comes in. I have other energy mix drinks which I swear by and they don't stain the bottle. The Lucozade drinks I think are particularly expensive for what they are.

I started using Lucozade when Boots stopped selling Isostar - both about the same price. (Now find that Isostar is available, mail order.)
I agree that it is convenient to keep in bottle of origin, except on the bike and it is the powder which has cacked up all my bottles. (Also annoyed that GlaxoSmithKline denied the problem.)

P.S. Tesco are selling four pack bottles, half price.

Thanks for all input
David

OP
OP
stoneywood21

stoneywood21

Rigid Raider said:
You're a cyclist and you drink Lucozade? Feck me. I bet you eat at McDonalds too?

Milton is just bleach; it won't remove scale, it just bleaches it so you think it's gone.

You might be surprised at what bleach can do!
And no, never been in a McDonalds for over ten years.

Top Bottom