Cycling Etiquette, Cycling shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Moodyman said:
I wear nothing underneath but wash the area religiously and apply petroleum jelly for longer rides.

Is that kind of washing in a cross formation? :biggrin:
I wore undies under my cycling gear for a number of years, and now do without. It is a bit more comfy, but then I never had any chaffing probs anyway :thumbsup:

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Command + cycling shorts + a pair of baggy (ish) football shorts over the top for me.

wafflycat

cyberknight said:
Commando or i get serious chaving, in winter i wear a pair of leggings over the top of the shorts.And hate sitting in a soggy pair all day at work.

You get accosted by bands of tattooed youths in dressed head to foot in mock Burberry check clothing? Just because you wear underpants? May I suggest relocating from where you live to somewhere nicer? :girl:

Harbornite

wafflycat said:
You get accosted by bands of tattooed youths in dressed head to foot in mock Burberry check clothing? Just because you wear underpants? May I suggest relocating from where you live to somewhere nicer? :sad:

:sad::laugh::sad:

OP
OP
P

Philk

Looks like Commando is the way to go, with a pair of baggy shorts over the top.
At least until i loose some weight, as i said to the LBS chappy I wont be wearing them on their own unless they can supply a wide load sticker...;)

one stange thig though, since ive been cycling, although getting fitter and getting an inproved recovery time, I seem to be putting on weight , not loosing it.....why?....Why?...Why?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I used to go commando all of the time, 24/7, until it suddenly occcurred to me

'What if I have a wet fart??'.

Boxerbreifs for me now.

I have no cycling shorts, but if I did, I'd still wear something underneath like a pair of leggings or similar (I feel the cold easily you sssssee).

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
Philk said:
Looks like Commando is the way to go, with a pair of baggy shorts over the top.
At least until i loose some weight, as i said to the LBS chappy I wont be wearing them on their own unless they can supply a wide load sticker...:wacko:

one stange thig though, since ive been cycling, although getting fitter and getting an inproved recovery time, I seem to be putting on weight , not loosing it.....why?....Why?...Why?

Ive put on a stone since last year when I took it back up. I was very thin, but now my legs are very muscular and strong.

rusky

CC Addict
Anyone know why the logo on Endura liners is reflective :thumbsup:

It's a bit like having a reflective CK logo on your Y fronts!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I beleive it's a way of secretly communicating with others so that they know you are a Dogger and mean business!!
You need to jiggle about a bit using a form of Morse Code with it. Only other Doggers will know this.

Sorry, I'll get me coat.

Top Bottom