Cycling Festival in the Peak District

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VisitPeak

I am posting on behalf of Visit Peak District & Derbyshire. We would like to know whether there would be a demand for such an event and what sort of activities people would like to see included?

Thanks

bonj2

yep, do it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Yes - hopefully going cycling in the Peak District next week with the kids (near the Grandparents so easy to get to).

As to what to include ... lots (not much help am I), but what about something to do with MTB'ing including for beginners since I presume the Peak District is a good area for trying that. I've just used the off-road cycle trails previously with the children.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Include electric bikes, recumbents, velomobiles and all sorts for interest. make the best of the hilly ground to show that human power and human/electric can cope.
Try to cover a broad range of interest not just hardened cyclists and racers or children. Include commuters, family and people with disabilities. The Get Cycling show at Nottingham was a good event.

longers

Legendary Member
Night Train said:
The Get Cycling show at Nottingham was a good event.

The Company of Cyclists might even be able to help.

Good comments as well from Night Train about the variety of cycling to offer to a variety of cyclists or potential cyclists.

Otherwise, go for it ;).

bonj2

Night Train said:
Include electric bikes, recumbents, velomobiles and all sorts for interest. make the best of the hilly ground to show that human power and human/electric can cope.
Try to cover a broad range of interest not just hardened cyclists and racers or children. Include commuters, family and people with disabilities. The Get Cycling show at Nottingham was a good event.

** bites tongue ** :angry:

longers

Legendary Member
bonj said:
** bites tongue ** :angry:

I hope it hurt :angry:.

bonj2

Night Train expressed concern that it "doesn't just cover hardened cyclists".
Is it possible to have a cycling festival that covers hardened cyclists AT ALL? :angry:
Can anyone give me an example of such a festival? 'cos i don't think i've ever seen one...

bonj2

Rhythm Thief said:
Why don't you organise one Bonj? Perhaps it could be open only to those who can average 25mph over a substantial distance, or something.

How would i organise one? I don't have the resources.

Top Bottom