Cycling Festival in the Peak District

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Rhythm Thief said:
I don't know how you organise a cycling festival. I'm not the one complaining that festivals others have organised aren't hardcore enough.
Start small and work your way up? Approach your local cycling clubs? Try and get some funding out of the council?

Oh, I don't know - I'd like it to consist of, probably a stall each from several component manufacturers, bike manufacturers, bike shops, etc, wheel building demo/sessions/workshop, general bike fixing stall, but no 'weird' bikes or unicycles 'cos that just isn't cycling.

Just by the sounds of the last one, it sounded a bit like a non-cyclists' 'cycling' festival. i.e. weird bikes for people who aren't interested enough in real bikes. the only way it seemed to be to do with cycling is that some of the contraptions had wheels and pedals.
The peak district is a favourite for many cyclists, so ideallyit should be a cyclists' cycling festival, rather than a non-cyclists' cycling festival.

RedBike

I quite like the weird bikes. The sort of thing you don't see on a regular basis in bike shops. imo this is what helps to make it a cycling festival and not a market.

Saying that I do like to also see loads of stalls selling cheap / hard to get 'widgets' and the opertunity to actually try a few bits and bobs before I buy them.

Top Bottom