Cycling gear website, anyone used....??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PsychoRider

Über Member
Just come across a website called simonharpur.co.uk for cycling gear, and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with it /know if it's legit . I've done as much research as my knowledge allows so I have my doubts , but know that a few bad reviews can taint something very easily. Hopefully someone can shed some light or point me in the direction of a decent cycling apparel site!? Thanks

Joffey

Big Dosser
Not sure about how legit the site is but the photos on there look like the kind of thing you see on eBay for the 'replica' kits that are just cheap copies. For me this would flag it:

"Why are products so cheap on www.simonharpur.co.uk ?
We get our goods directly from camps of licensed manufacturers. As you know, they produce a large quantity of goods, thus leaving a small portion of additional volume and can be sold without papers to other dealers. Our products are part of this. This is also the reason that they are so cheap. But please do not worry, they are original and of very good quality."

BUT - there might be nothing wrong with the kit if you don't mind if they are copies - can't vouch for that site though.

Crankarm

Guru
There are plenty of reputable on-line cycle retailers. Why the urge to use this unknown seller? Is it price too cheap to believe? I would avoid unless you want to be disappointed.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Looks well dodgy. I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/simonharpur.co.uk

Globalti

Legendary Member
I bought a jersey from one of these sites that looked American but after placing the order I discovered that the jersey was coming from China or Taiwan. As soon as it arrived I realised it was a fake because the colour was wrong so I stuck it on Eblag, only to be bollcked and threatened with a ban for flogging fake goods!

CraztT

ordered some scott genius gloves from this site as i couldnt find the ones i wanted anywhere else(2017 edition fingerless gloves in green). this was in may 2018 and were mid june now nd still no show. sent email last month(not response) nd just sent a stronger email this morn!.... i know sometimes things from china can take months but some responce would be nice.

DRM

Guru
ordered some scott genius gloves from this site as i couldnt find the ones i wanted anywhere else(2017 edition fingerless gloves in green). this was in may 2018 and were mid june now nd still no show. sent email last month(not response) nd just sent a stronger email this morn!.... i know sometimes things from china can take months but some responce would be nice.

I think this tells you everything you need to know about this seller

If you used a credit card, you can get your money back. Call your bank to start the process.

Top Bottom