Cycling glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Krypton

I've been using Madison d'Arcs, but wondered whether it's worth paying for a more expensive pair?

I don't need prescription lenses, so any recommendations?

Also, something that will work just as well in summer and winter.

Thanks ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
I use Giant brand glasses, don't know who actually makes them, but they seem fine to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leyton condor

Veteran
Decathlon do a set with 3 pairs of lenses (clear, smoke, yellow)for about £7. You don't need anything else. Break them and just buy another pair.

That's a fair few pairs before you cover the cost of Oakleys.

I'll second that. In the past I have bought killer loops , rudy project and adidas , all are now broken. I bought two pairs from decathlon but have yet to break the first pair.
I think they look pretty cool too, but thats jusy my opinion.

wafflycat

The offspring has Rudy project ones he's won: he likes them. he also has a pair of Oakley Zero shades, which, he tells me, are cool. I've awarded myself a pair of these which are rather lovely & girlie.

OP
OP
K

Krypton

I must admit, a side of me does think about the cool factor, but are we saying cool = expensive = breakable?

Krypton said:
I must admit, a side of me does think about the cool factor, but are we saying cool = expensive = breakable?
Not really, it's just that you are often paying for the name and maybe slightly better styling. Wickes (the DIY place) have got 'safety' glasses which look like bike shades in all but name. About £5 a pair. I'd go cheap, even if you have to buy more later.

wafflycat

Krypton said:

Nah. The offsprings expensive Oakleys have lasted a couple or three of years, have been dropped on less than sympathetic surfaces and have stood up to almost daily wear exceedingly well. Cool, as we all know, does not mean what you wear, but how you wear it. Some of us *exude* cool naturally :ohmy::ohmy:

On the other hand, I've got some cheapies which have lasted well too - and of course, I make those shades look cool *naturally* :biggrin:

twowheelsgood

It doesn't matter what the glasses are I will inevitably lose or break them within a few months anyway, so like others here I stopped buying the expensive models and stick with those from Decathlon.

They keep the bugs, grit and sun out of your eyes perfectly well. They even look pretty good.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
My Oakleys have lasted ages, perfect clarity. Pricey, but you wear them loads, and they'll replace them for free if they break!

I have used Rudy Project for some years.

The Ketyum are the best I have had so far. Comfortable, perfectly clear vision and a wide range of replaceable lenses.

Anecdotally.....

I have lost fewer sunglasses now I wear ordinary ones!

Top Bottom