Cycling glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LimeBurn

Über Member
If theyre a red hue when you look through them then you can use them whenever its cloudy or dull, wont do much if its really sunny as everything looks a little pink and a bit happy.

davdandy

Cheers Limeburn.So no good for the Summer days then.Ok,i`ll go and check out the darker lenses then.Thanks again chaps.

What about the blue lenses then?

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I've got some Tifosi Tyrant Light Night Fototec Glasses. They change automatically and they are great in anything from bright sunlight right down to dusk. Not the cheapest, but there's no faffing about changing lenses. I'd buy another pair without hesitation.

LimeBurn

Über Member
How do you find the reaction time - I had some ages ago but really struggled when riding through tunnels or under tree canopys as they would take a few minutes to react and change.
I've got some Tifosi Tyrant Light Night Fototec Glasses. They change automatically and they are great in anything from bright sunlight right down to dusk. Not the cheapest, but there's no faffing about changing lenses. I'd buy another pair without hesitation.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
@LimeBurn I've never had a problem with them myself TBH. They seem to change from a heavy tint to almost clear pretty quickly. I really struggled with normal tinted lenses when going from bright sunshine to a shaded area, i.e under trees etc, I couldn't see anything! I wear these on my road bike and my MTB. If you read the blurb here It claims 12 seconds, I think that is at either end of the spectrum, but in reality, they begin to tint as soon as you get outside anyway, regardless of how sunny it is. To sum up, I've never found myself wishing they would lighten up/darken down quicker.
http://images.evanscycles.com/product_document/file/066/0f9/a05/2647/tifosi-fototec-explained.pdf

zacklaws

Guru
I find your eyes seem to adapt eventually to the Orange and Red hues and despite everything looking odd to start with, eventually you do not notice it and everything looks normal. The only issue I have ever had was with a pair of dark orange lenses which I called my happy glasses as even the dullest day looked bright.......till one evening as the sun was about two hours from setting, I plunged out of day light into a fast road decent in a thick forest and could not see a thing so followed the white line down the middle of the road as everything had turned a blackish orange.....till I noticed runners in front of me scattering and I was ploughing through them, luckily I never hit any of them. At the bottom my colleague who was behind me down the hill, was laughing at what happened and asking me if I had seen them, but I did'nt till I was a few yards away from them and only the ones in whitish tops. I have never worn those glasses to cycle in since that day and stick to lighter tones.

vickster

Legendary Member
Spotted these in a mailshot if anyone looking for reasonably priced photochromic

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/endura...t&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=01+April+2015

Top Bottom