Cycling Glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crossy

I've just bought some prescription sunglasses with coloured changeable lens. I know the yellow one are for low light and the black ones are for sunny days but what do you use the red/orangy ones for?

Good question, and I thought I knew the answer - I didn't.

Had a google and found this: http://www.adventuresportsholidays....glasses-coloured-lenses-for-different-sports/

Jonathing

Über Member
Which ones did you get, I've been looking at changeable lens'd prescription glasses but keep coming back to Oakley Jawbones which are about £500 for the ones I want with two sets of lenses!

OP
OP
C

crossy

I went to my local opticians Haynes and Smith. The prescription lenses are small Jon Lonon glasses that clip into the frames. The coloured lens fit seperately. They cost me £100.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I use the yellow ones on gloomy overcast winter days. They really make the day look much nicer than it really is.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I use the amber lenses in my Tifosi set for flatter overcast days, or can be used in brightish sunlight in woodland etc.; they lighten things a little, and improve contrast by decreasing glare.

I do a lot of clay shooting, and red lenses (vermillion) are great for lifting the colour of an orange (blaze) clay against a green background, as it flats the green off and increases contrast, but work best on a bright day. Similarly on a duller day (summer, overcast) purple tends to reduce glare, flats off bright green and lifts a coloured clay from the background.

Top Bottom