Cycling Glove Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisb1357

Über Member
Hi all,

Just got my first road bike and I am looking for some full finger cycling gloves to get me started. Nothing to expensive as spring is on its way and I have some short gloves for then and summer

Chris

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just go to an outdoor shop and buy some cheap gloves. They don't necessarily have to be bike gloves. Or if you have a Decathlon nearby then get some cheap bike gloves.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Endura Full Monte (mtb summer glove. Good ventilation)

DHB long full finger windproof cycling gloves.

They are all around the same price but i think the full monte is slightly cheaper

Profpointy

Legendary Member
To be honest I think cycling specific gloves tend to be cheaper than equivalent items from the climbing shop - and have padded palms usually. Some kind of windproof and (somewhat) water resistant fleece would be my choice. My all round best bang for buck gloves were a half price bright yellow windproof Altura ones for a princely £15 but even at full whack would have been bloody good. I have a supposedly waterproof version, also yellow Altura which isnt as good. Also got a stonking set of 3 pairs of altura winter gloves (inners, windproof fleece middle, waterproof mitts) which are very nice but were £100 even when reduced. Kind of worth it, but the cheaper altrura ones are as good as the middle layer of the Assos set if not as posh

As above re Aldi - my local Aldi ( S London) had some fleecy outdoor gloves remaindered the other day that would be fine for cycling.

Also, try TKMaxx.

I can recommend Gore liners - they used to be about a tenner, maybe more now - might seem a lot for just a liner but they block out extra wind/cold, last forever, and allow you to access to a wider range of outer cheaper long finger gloves which you can often pick up for not much more than a fiver if you avoid overpriced "cycling specific" stuff. Decathlon also used to do liners (maybe still do) but not as windproof.

RedRider

Pulling through
I rate the defeet dura glove and prefer the wool version. There's no padding but you can put a short-fingered mitt over the top if you like. It's not windproof either but works for me in spring despite my propensity for cold fingers.

Edit: if you have extraordinarily long fingers you can have a pair I've only used once or twice. They're not the wool version tho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom