Cycling gloves help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

Spesh gloves are some of the shortest out there I think. To me that's a selling point as it offers the maximum freedom of movement - I don't need the glove to cover my wrist. I really like my BG mitts.

Matthew

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

MajorMantra said:
Spesh gloves are some of the shortest out there I think. To me that's a selling point as it offers the maximum freedom of movement - I don't need the glove to cover my wrist. I really like my BG mitts.

Matthew

Yeah, I'm not used to cycling gloves so it felt weird that they were only up to there.

Specialized BG Gel - short but very good
specialized-bg-gel-mitt.jpg

Go and try some on in your local store!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi AJohnson

Sorry to not get back to you earlier

Yeah - about right- I have specialized gloves and if they fit and support your palm -what Scook94 says then they're right.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
The specialized one's you're looking at will equally come up short on the wrist - it does give you flexibility to move your wrist - when I first got mine they felt a little suctioned on and very short -ie not onto the wrist at all but after a few rides they're great- I got gloves beforehand in the size above mistakenly and they feel like marigolds and don't sit right. Long in the reference of the gloves you link to refer to full finger rather than hand length.

Best bet maybe is to head down to your LBS and try a few others out - some may fit better but Spesh ones are short.

happy hunting!

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Another reason on why I was going to return them was due to the colour ;) I know.

A white / green doesn't exactly go with black and red. But I think I've decided I'll have white/red/black clothing, so it'll do.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

finally ripped them off the tag, looks like I'm keepin' them.

Top Bottom