Cycling gloves help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aJohnson

Hey, I'm just wondering if cycling gloves are different to other gloves in terms of how they size and where they should be about. I recieved some gloves today, but they don't seem to go up to/past my wrist bone like normal gloves. I'm wondering are they too small or is that what they should be like?

I've put some images on. Don't mind my skinny wrists, I don't seem to put on weight no matter the amount I eat.

notsolazy

I have no idea about the gloves - I use my old rugby mitts.

However is that your wallpaper you have your wrist against? If it is where did you get it as that would go great in my dining room

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

notsolazy said:
I have no idea about the gloves - I use my old rugby mitts.

However is that your wallpaper you have your wrist against? If it is where did you get it as that would go great in my dining room

Yes, it is my wallpaper, I got it from B&Q :biggrin:.

Ceedee

Flying Dodo said:
Yes, that is the correct length for cycling gloves
No, I will not be going to B&Q - sorry I think that wallpaper is a bit grey & depressing.

Looks nice with the red on the gloves though!

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

I will probably be exchanging them for a different colour anyway, I ordered them a while ago and decided some others would be a better choice, I also may go a size bigger, these just seem a bit small.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
they're the right size and do finish short on the wrist- initially when you start wearing gloves they'll feel like a snug fit but if you get something too big the padding will be redundant on the sgloves. stick with them.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Just want to make sure :biggrin: Because I've seen an image, and by the looks of that, they go alot further down than mine...

tuff-gloves-bike.jpg

scook94

Veteran
How do they look on the palm side? Mine come up short of my wrist bone, you seem to have longer hands than me though. Do they cover the heel of your palm? If they do then I would think they are fine...

Top Bottom