Cycling Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James77

Hello all,

I want to buy a glove that keeps me dry and warm when cycling in temperatures between 0 degrees and 5 degrees.

Any suggest from practical experience would be greatly appreciated,

Regards

Jim

Drago

Legendary Member
Seal Skinz work for me, but are a bit warm foe the balmy temperatures you cite. Neoprene divers gloves aren't totally waterproof, but at least your hands will be warm and that's what I use when it's too mild for the skinz.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
My other half has just returned a pair of sealskin waterproof gloves to Evans cycles, because the first time she wore them her hands got soaked, Even the guy in Evans say none of there waterpoof gloves are completely waterproof. I can honestly say my Endura waterproof gloves are not. they may well be alright in the odd shower, So it would be good to here if anybody does have waterproof gloves that work, not including neoprene gloves as they are just uncomfortable on long runs.

OP
OP
J

James77

Hi Derrick, interesting that the others say Sealsinz work. Perhaps it is down to different models? Which did your wife have?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jim, I have tried everything from cheap cheap to stupidly expensive. None of them were totally right. Too cold or too wet or too wet and cold.

About 2 years ago I bought I bought a pair of military camouflage overmitts off ebay for about £15. I wear a pair of woolen gloves under the overmitts and my hands stay dry and warm for hours. I also use them on my motorbike and they are about the best bit of bike gear I have bought.

As for practical experience, I ride in Denmark down to about -10.

OP
OP
J

James77

Thanks Steve, do you have a link to the overmitts?

nappadang

Über Member
I use these, Though I didn't buy them off this site.
http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Ca...ezCc501K0CaahIKBj2VddTNafggdL06y2ShoCFy3w_wcB
They don't claim to be waterproof but they've kept me dry in some foul weather. Granted, I've not been in heavy rain for more than 30 mins or so.
Warmth wise they are brilliant and highly breathable, so they retain their comfort.
Not too bulky means you can shift gears and use brakes without problems.
All in all, quite expensive but damn good winter gloves.

My other half has just returned a pair of sealskin waterproof gloves to Evans cycles, because the first time she wore them her hands got soaked, Even the guy in Evans say none of there waterpoof gloves are completely waterproof. I can honestly say my Endura waterproof gloves are not. they may well be alright in the odd shower, So it would be good to here if anybody does have waterproof gloves that work, not including neoprene gloves as they are just uncomfortable on long runs.

I splashed out on Sealskin gloves last winter, pants. Then I spent more money on winter Gore gloves, pants. You know what works best for me? A pair of Marino wool gloves with an old pair of Bell cycle gloves I bought from Asda years ago on top. My hands still get cold in the minuses however.
I guess it matches the old feet conundrum, some folk have cold feet other's don't. I reckon hands are the same.

Top Bottom