Cycling Holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, York is in North Yorkshire, and flat as a pancake. You can actually do quite a lot within the Vale of York and the Vale of Pickering and down to Selby (straying in to South Yorks eventually) without a significant climb of any sort.

Allow an excursion into the East Riding, and you can avoid nasty lumps for miles and miles! In fact you could go all the way to Hull.. But would you want to....:blush:

tt - if you decide on this part of the world, I can recommend plenty of routes and cafe stops...:laugh:

ASC1951 said:
Hmm. As the OP says, " Preference ... would be somewhere that wasn't too hilly".

Ah..didn't see that. Forget Rosedale Chimney then

But some of it NY flat-ish with only occasional climbs. Just a bit more planning needed is all.

Arch said:
Well, York is in North Yorkshire, and flat as a pancake. You can actually do quite a lot within the Vale of York and the Vale of Pickering and down to Selby (straying in to South Yorks eventually) without a significant climb of any sort.

Allow an excursion into the East Riding, and you can avoid nasty lumps for miles and miles! In fact you could go all the way to Hull.. But would you want to....:biggrin:

OI! Erm...OK, well, I moved away so I'll give you that one. I do miss the flat though.

The ride from York - Hull is pleasant enough, only the one real hill at Market Weighton. Then from Hull there's the old railway line open to cycles that runs all the way to Hornsea - drop down the coast and take in Spurn Point, quite a lot of opportunities

ASC1951

Guru
Sheffield_Tiger said:
Ah..didn't see that. Forget Rosedale Chimney then

But some of it NY flat-ish with only occasional climbs. Just a bit more planning needed is all.
Very true. It was Rosedale Chimney that threw me - I got up it, slowly, on a triple but it is still the only place I have seen Tour Pros get off and walk. (As you would, on a 40 x 25).

Top Bottom