holiday on bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nkn8960

I am looking for a holiday where I can travel by bicycle and experience good art. Do you have any suggestions. the holiday may last 7 days.

Mod Note:
@nkn8960 welcome to CC :welcome:
Only links in English are allowed on this forum, sorry your link was removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello & welcome

I can travel by bicycle and experience good art.
I'd imagine good art is in the eye of the beholder, no?

It's not clear where you are, where you might like to go, what kind of experience you have or if you want to do this on your own, in a group, as part of an organised tour, perhaps? Or indeed what kind of art.

I recall @dimrub doing a musically inspired, organised tour (but I can't find it now).
I myself made something of a musical pilgrimage.
CrazyGuyOnABike will probably have some inspiration. It has a very useful search function.

If looking for an organised tour, Google is your friend.

If looking for a DIY type itinerary, arm yourself with a good route planner (I recommend CycleTravel), pick where you want to go based on the art (check the opening times of the museums if that's your thing) and off you go.

My first cycling holiday was terrifying to contemplate but in reality was a gentle wander along the Danube from Passau to Vienna. I don't recall a lot of art along the way but Vienna in August was stunning with beautiful architecture, great street entertainment and lots of people relaxing and enjoying themselves.

If you've not had a cycling holiday before I heartily recommend it - but be careful - you never know where that bike will bring you ^_^

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

I know that there's a company in Lucca called Lucca Cycling Club. They do guided touring and rides I think. I looked at it in passing a while ago.

I've never been to Lucca, but was planning to go when COVID hit. If your idea of good art is 15th-16th century high renaissance stuff then it's a good destination.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Tuscany is very hilly. Just pointing that out as my legs still ache. But Italy and art are pretty synonymous.

Personally, I'd pick a type of art I wanted to explore and then plan a route between four or five different places. I love stained glass - that would be a lovely theme. (Ooh...I could do that). Or pick an artist and follow his or her key works. Or pick museums across a country and go from one to the other.

Top Bottom