Cycling holidays in France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are there any cycling holidays in France, clubs would recommend?
I've used a company called Marmot Tours before - excellent service, really amazing folk - but their routes aren't for the faint of heart.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I did a few days cycling around Blois and around Bordeaux as part of other holidays and I think either the Loire (route EV6) or Garonne valleys (route V80) could be the basis of great cycling holidays. So many ideas and not enough holiday time!

With some friends from a local group (is it a club? not really), I've cycled to/from Dunkirk/Dunkerque a few times on the way to/from Belgium, as discussed on other threads here. It's a long way to ride or take bike-friendly non-TGV trains from there to the rest of France, though! That's probably part of why so far we've kept visiting Belgium and the Netherlands (and Germany and Luxembourg last year) because it's so much easier to get there with bikes and there's still plenty to see.

Another tour I've read about often is the Avenue Verte from Dieppe (ferry from Newhaven) to Paris. Depending where in the UK you are, that might be easy to access.

Simon_m

Guru
I run holidays for my friends in France, coast to coast and around wine districts. Nice to organise yourself if you can or get someone to tailor make one

iluvmybike

Über Member
Can thoroughly recommend Correze Cycling Holidays having been there half a dozen times. The cycling round there is fantastic - quiet roads, beautiful scenery. Sam's cooking is to die for and superb accommodation. However, if you don't like hills then don't go - there is very little flat stuff!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I've used a company called Marmot Tours before - excellent service, really amazing folk - but their routes aren't for the faint of heart.
At one point I was considering signing up for their Dolomites tour, from Thonon-les-Bains to Trieste. I'd have to be very fit, though! :heat:

Top Bottom