Cycling in Devon

Discussion in 'Cycling Clubs' started by ooowens, 18 Nov 2018.

1. ooowens

ooowens Active Member

Hello.

I'm currently a member of a club in Newton Abbot - Where I live - but for a number of reasons I am looking for a new club or group in the area. I usually cycle between 100 and 200 miles each week averaging between 17 and 20 mph.

Is there anyone on this forum that cycles in the same area who wouldn't mind me hooking up with them?

Many thanks.

2. I like Skol

I like Skol I'm adamant I haven't got any PPI....

Hate to say it but at those distances and speeds you are a pretty hardcore ride partner for most people. You are looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack, someone of similar ability with freetime that coincides with yours. No mean feat in the modern world!

3. Ian H

Ian H Guru

I presume it's you who approached EWCC. Basically, those two have South Devon pretty much to themselves. There is an active CTC group, but probably not quite what you're looking for.

burntoutbanger and Heltor Chasca like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    ooowens

ooowens Active Member

Sorry I should have made myself more clear. 50+ of my miles are taken up commuting, I do two evening rides each week which I like to do alone and was mainly looking for a group for Sunday mornings.

5. Ian H

Ian H Guru

Wheelers' rides start from Exeter. https://www.exeterwheelers.co.uk/rides/sunday-club-runs/

burntoutbanger likes this.
  6. burntoutbanger

burntoutbanger Senior Member

I've ridden with the Exeter Wheelers, a good friendly bunch.

briantrumpet likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice