Cycling in Greek islands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyMack

hello to all, the Wife and I are holidaying in the Greek islands this summer, flying into Rhodes for a week then hitting a few islands.
We’ll be looking to hire bikes when we’re over there as we simply do not fancy lugging ours about with us from plane and ferry to ferry. Has anyone else find this and if so do they know of the bike hire availability on the isles? It’s easy enough to hire in Rhodes but we’re unsure of availability in Kos, Symi etc.

TVC

I'm just back from Kos. Bike hire is readily available, starting from €20 for a week, a company called Moto hire is very big, and these people looked reputable.

https://www.idealrentals.eu

With the exception of the main route down the centre of the island, all roads were pretty quiet.

kiwifruit

Über Member
We went to Kos last summer and stayed in Marmari and there's lots of bike hire around. I hired a mountain bike a day before we flew back and I rode up to Zia it was hard work as the temperaure were in high 30c so take plenty of water.

OP
OP
AndyMack

AndyMack

Cheers TVC and kiwifruit, we found one online for Rhodes but he’s €140 each for a week so we’ll shop around! Temperature wise being neither mad dogs or Englishmen we will be cycling early morning or mid afternoon sun as I don’t fancy melting into a pile of pasty white Scottish flesh!

Top Bottom