cycling in other countries.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
twentysix by twentyfive;38515][quote name= said:
Cathryn said:
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what 26 x 25 meant! :biggrin:
The Dutch Easter bread is very good, lots of fruit and raisins and things with marzipan throughout!

But of course - what else would I be suggesting for Dutch ingredients?

That Easter bread sounds yum - fruit and marzipan excellent. But what are the things?

26 x 25!
Yeah, I thought someone would pick that up, but I couldn't be bothered to edit it! :biggrin:

Just for you

http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscrap.../Holiday/Easter/passbroddutcheasterbread.html

and it is bloody delicious! The other 'things' can be obtained from any reputable (or otherwise) 'coffee shop' throughout Holland. ;):eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin: :eek:

In Argentina, you used to see the (admittedly few) roadies chain-ganging on the hard shoulder of the motorway.

Interesting....

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Dayvo;39256][quote name= said:
Dayvo;38365][QUOTE=Cathryn said:
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what 26 x 25 meant! :sad:
The Dutch Easter bread is very good, lots of fruit and raisins and things with marzipan throughout!

But of course - what else would I be suggesting for Dutch ingredients?

That Easter bread sounds yum - fruit and marzipan excellent. But what are the things?

Wow, thanks Dayvo. I'm hoping I can get those "things" here in the UK otherwise it''ll be an expensive cake, including the fare to and from Amsterdam

26 x 25!
Yeah, I thought someone would pick that up, but I couldn't be bothered to edit it! :biggrin:

Just for you

http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscrap.../Holiday/Easter/passbroddutcheasterbread.html

and it is bloody delicious! The other 'things' can be obtained from any reputable (or otherwise) 'coffee shop' throughout Holland. ;):biggrin::biggrin::eek::biggrin: :eek:[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks Dayvo. I'm hoping I can acquire those "ingredients" here in the UK otherwise it's going to be an expensive cake what with the cost of a return fare to Amsterdam included in the price :eek:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I think every man who has ever been to Amsterdam has "managed to stumble on" the red light district. It must be the most accidentally stumbled on area on Earth.

My Mother-in-Law stumbled there too. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall on that occasion ;):biggrin::biggrin: Apparently the Dutch coppers took pity on her and guided her away :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
When I lived in Amsterdam, a cousin was posted over there for a few months at the same time. When she had her mother (my Aunt) to stay they walked past one of the outlying red light areas - which are easy to stumble upon. Cousin pointed out occupation of woman sitting in red window reading a magazine and my aunt said "No dear, she's reading, so she must be an office worker".

If I wanted to buy an English Sunday paper, a window I walked past to get from my flat to the stall that sold them was occupied by what must have been the world's oldest prostitute- she must have been at least 85. Not a pretty sight.

Dormouse

Commuting to work in Copenhagen is very pleasant. Smooth cycle paths go along most roads. People seem much slimmer and healthier looking than in the UK. Retro sit up and beg bikes are popular with the young women. Hub gears rule. Cycling is much less of a fashion/lifestyle statement than in the UK, more a cheap and convenient form of transport.

Top Bottom