cycling is the highlight of my day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonmeadow

I cycle about 1 k / mo. but I don't go anywhere. It's about 26 miles to the closest coffee/restaurant/free wify, as I live off grid: no phone, no electricity except for two solar panels. Besides cycling into town I like writing, mostly self-indulgent drivel about recovering from getting attacked; woke up in the middle of a road in the middle of the night. Didn't know my name but I argued with the EMT about the implied/explicit consent form. I'm so bull headed, after a cat scan, walked out of EM untreated. I thought I was OK, but years later, I was fired, divorced, robbed, and left with no place to go except for a slum dwelling/ former escape place that's now part of the nightmare I escape from on my bike.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Welcome Jon,

What bike do you ride, and what's it like where you ride?

mustang1

Guru
Hi there Jon, welcome aboard! This is a nice place to be and I'm sure you'll like it here. I also want to know what it's like around your neck of the woods. I try and get my riding done in the mornings as other things get in the way as the day progresses but just in case I cannot get out, it's not a big deal for me. If I do get out for ride though, I feel rather content. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I cycle about 1 k / mo. but I don't go anywhere. It's about 26 miles to the closest coffee/restaurant/free wify, as I live off grid: no phone, no electricity except for two solar panels. Besides cycling into town I like writing, mostly self-indulgent drivel about recovering from getting attacked; woke up in the middle of a road in the middle of the night. Didn't know my name but I argued with the EMT about the implied/explicit consent form. I'm so bull headed, after a cat scan, walked out of EM untreated. I thought I was OK, but years later, I was fired, divorced, robbed, and left with no place to go except for a slum dwelling/ former escape place that's now part of the nightmare I escape from on my bike.

Hi :hello:

I'm a bit confused. Is your post a sample of your writing or a description of your life, it's not clear to me?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
:welcome:

She was determined not to be defeated by her circumstances. Every time she got knocked down, she gathered her strength and courage to pick herself up again. And so, with a single bike pedal stroke against the night sky, she pedaled away from the nightmare and toward a new destination. She cycled toward adventure and freedom, and made a plan to look for a coffee house, restaurant, or even a place to get free Wi-Fi where she could write her self-indulgent drivel and document her journey. With every revolution of the wheels, nothing could stop her from pursuing her dreams, even without a phone or electricity except for two solar panels.

Gwylan

Veteran

She was determined not to be defeated by her circumstances. Every time she got knocked down, she gathered her strength and courage to pick herself up again. And so, with a single bike pedal stroke against the night sky, she pedaled away from the nightmare and toward a new destination. She cycled toward adventure and freedom, and made a plan to look for a coffee house, restaurant, or even a place to get free Wi-Fi where she could write her self-indulgent drivel and document her journey. With every revolution of the wheels, nothing could stop her from pursuing her dreams, even without a phone or electricity except for two solar panels.

Everyone has a book inside them and that's a good place to keep them.

Chris S

Legendary Member

OP
OP
J

jonmeadow

Welcome Jon,

One Surly Crosscheck & one LH Trucker. The ride to Reedsport, OR from Loon Lake is up and down. It's gorgeous with gentile white water noise mixing with red tail hawks and lots of other birds unknown to me. Lately it's been almost freezing starting out. There was no logging in 1994. Since then they have chipped sealed the blacktop and logging truck drivers have discarded junk food wrappers; but elk are still abundant, even encountered a herd of twenty that crossed the road in front of me; the last one was a female that slipped on the asphalt, fell on her ass, jumped up and scampered up a hillside.
Welcome Jon,

Hi :hello:

I'm a bit confused. Is your post a sample of your writing or a description of your life, it's not clear to me?

OP
OP
J

jonmeadow

One Surly Crosscheck & one LH Trucker. The ride to Reedsport, OR from Loon Lake is up and down. It's gorgeous with gentile white water noise mixing with red tail hawks and lots of other birds unknown to me. Lately it's been almost freezing starting out. There was no logging in 1994. Since then they have chipped sealed the blacktop and logging truck drivers have discarded junk food wrappers; but elk are still abundant, even encountered a herd of twenty that crossed the road in front of me; the last one was a female that slipped on the asphalt, fell on her ass, jumped up and scampered up a hillside.

I'll take that as a compliment. If it wasn't for rejection, I would have no recognition as a strictly non-fiction writer. Although, it seems to me that it's practically impossible to reproduce reality because individual opinions of it vary. Furthermore, opinions based on information gathered from gossip and hearsay are excellent fodder for mushrooms thriving off darkness and gull scat.

OP
OP
J

jonmeadow

Everyone has a book inside them and that's a good place to keep them.

I agree; almost. It's true there's just too much written for reasons typified in your post. An old lady writer told me that her books remain unpublished because she is not politically correct. One of her books is about carpentry; she used the word journeyman instead of...

OP
OP
J

jonmeadow

Hi there Jon, welcome aboard! This is a nice place to be and I'm sure you'll like it here. I also want to know what it's like around your neck of the woods. I try and get my riding done in the mornings as other things get in the way as the day progresses but just in case I cannot get out, it's not a big deal for me. If I do get out for ride though, I feel rather content. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Thanks mustang1. I think I answered your post when responding to an earlier one. I think a bicycle is the highest form of transportation available.

All uphill

Still rolling along

Thanks @jonmeadow

Sounds great.

Happy cycling!

Top Bottom