Cycling jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bornagainst

Über Member
That Gore Bike Wear Phantom jacket with the zip off arms? Best £120 I've ever spent on bike gear. I pretty much wear it every day commuting and then just adjust what goes underneath.

It's often colder in the AM when I head to work and then milder in the afternoon, so during summer/autumn the zip off arms are amazing.

doddy73

Über Member
+1 for the phantom. Sure I saw the neon version going for a ton recently

http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/...topper-soft-shell-convertable-cycling-jacket/

I have a comparable commute of around 10/14 miles and, being in Scotland, it's frequently cold and raining. The Phantom is extremely breathable and will hold back water for a good few miles. Even when it gets a real soaking it keeps me warm and will dry quick. The zip off sleeves are great in the Spring/Autumn.

Also have a Path neon for longer, wetter trips.... another great jacket, packs down small, it's light and fully water proof.

If I had to pick then the Phantom would win.

carolonabike

My Gore jacket is the best jacket I've ever had. The ladies equivalent of the Oxygen Active Shell. Waterproof, windproof and breathable, it weighs about 200g and packs away very small. I've commuted in it all winter adding or removing layers underneath as required. I do get too hot above about 15deg but I suspect that would be the same for any jacket. It was worth every penny.

Widge

Baldy Go
I know this isn't particularily helpful at this red-hot moment...but might be worth it for future reference....I am sitting here now in my 'Aldi Bonanza Bike Clobber Day' winter jacket..Lightweight, windproof, water resistant ,toasty-warm, nicely made and styled and one of the best things I bought at the last Aldi/Lidl cycle-scrum! I think it was £16.99 or something ridiculous...anyhoo...it does the job for me ( But I'm not THAT demanding)......and I'm sure they will have something similar on their next couple of Cycling Gear sale days. You need to wait and watch the skys, stranger, for their next sale.
Just a thought for those not quite sure what they might need without paying £150 straight off for some boutique design?

HTH (eventually? :blush: )

w

Kies

A link please .....

Hello All Anybody got any thoughts on either of these two jackets as I need a good waterproof one , but as ever am working to a budget of beween £20- £37.00

Mens Hi Vis Inclyne Urban waterproof Bike / Cycling Jacket this is from wheelies @ £39.99

Or this one

POLARIS PROTON WATERPROOF BREATHABLE JACKET seen one ebay at the reduced price of about £34.99 normally £79.00 this can't be true can it

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheap waterproof jackets tend to be boil in the bag. A bit depends how long and how often you'll wear it for. Wind and shower resistant tends to be more useful.

Top Bottom