Cycling no handed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
TheDoctor said:
I could go off a person. At least I didn't try to crash your bike...
Compared to some, I'm rubbish at going up Welsh hills.:?:

Ooooooooooooh, that's fighting talk that is! :laugh:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
longers said:
I saw a link a few weeks ago to a bloke who would cycle up and down various passes and the like either playing a musical instrument or without handlebars. He's a world record holder for it and I can't remember where I saw it or who he was.

http://www.giulianocalore.it/gallery.html

I seem to have developed quite a talent for riding no handed and at the same time unfolding then refolding a 1:50k OS map... perfect for Trailquests etc but then I've yet to come off (only time will tell!)

S

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I remember, when I was very young, probably around 10, I tried to ride my bike while crossing my arms; i.e. right hand on left side of handlebar, left hand on right. I last all of about 5 seconds until I tried to steer the bloomin' thing - next thing I know I am lying in the centre of the road, with the imprint of tarmac right in the middle of my forehead.

I have never dared to try it again in the 30 odd years since :rolleyes:

Andrew

Abitrary

I fear that the urge to ride no handed means that:

a) Your bike is set up wrongly
:wacko: You're not as limber as you should be
c) I was going to say 'showing off' for this one, but we're all demure enought to know that only a) and :biggrin: apply

shimano

when I was young and invincible being able to ride no handed meant on cold days you could stick your hands in your pockets to keep them warm - I think I've mentioned elsewhere I used to crash a lot; wonder if the two are connected...

Top Bottom