Cycling no handed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
TheDoctor is very good at riding with no hands. Was rather tempted to push him off for being a show off ;).

Night Train

Maker of Things
I can only just about stay upright with one hand on the bars never mind no hands.

In the Olden Days when I used to ride from London to Hereford and back for the holidays I was heading back to London with a 25-30mph tail-wind and managed 12 miles hands free through Oxfordshire. Without pedalling for most of it because I ran out of gears. It was spoilt though by the fact that I had the chorus of 'All things bright and beautiful' stuck in my head for the whole 140 miles.

Keith Oates

Janner
I saw a man a couple of months back when I was in China and he was riding an electric bike. He was sitting with his legs crossed, both hands in his jacket pockets and a ciggy hanging from his mouth, now that is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tetedelacourse

I've been known to remove my rucksack, then cycling jacket, then place jacket in rucksack and place rucksack back on my back whilst going over the forth road bridge on my commute. Best not to think about what would happen if I got my hands stuck in my sleeves.

shimano

I kid you not; one evening last summer whilst on holiday in Penzance there was this guy cycling down the hill to the harbour and then along the waterfront whilst playing the guitar with both hands and to top it off he was pissed! There's then a huge car park and he spent the next wee while serenading anyone in sight whilst going round in circles. I've been kicking myself ever since that I didn't have a camera to hand.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Its no handed one footed that is the skill:becool:
Or even one footed on handed with one foot on the handlebars the other peddling:becool:;)
Got some stuff to learn now:biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Tetedelacourse said:
I've been known to remove my rucksack, then cycling jacket, then place jacket in rucksack and place rucksack back on my back whilst going over the forth road bridge on my commute. Best not to think about what would happen if I got my hands stuck in my sleeves.

I've done similar in taking off a jumper and tying it round my waist.
It's all in the timing.;)

longers

Legendary Member
shimano said:
I kid you not; one evening last summer whilst on holiday in Penzance there was this guy cycling down the hill to the harbour and then along the waterfront whilst playing the guitar with both hands and to top it off he was pissed! There's then a huge car park and he spent the next wee while serenading anyone in sight whilst going round in circles. I've been kicking myself ever since that I didn't have a camera to hand.

I saw a link a few weeks ago to a bloke who would cycle up and down various passes and the like either playing a musical instrument or without handlebars. He's a world record holder for it and I can't remember where I saw it or who he was.

I did find this though.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Plax said:
TheDoctor is very good at riding with no hands. Was rather tempted to push him off for being a show off :biggrin:.

I could go off a person. At least I didn't try to crash your bike...
Compared to some, I'm rubbish at going up Welsh hills.;)

Top Bottom