Cycling on BBC1 today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbc

OK, it was a brief article on the '06 3 Peaks on Countryfile this morning but worth watching. Just a shame they can't put proper coverage on the telly, I'm sure it would appeal to wide audience.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Shame isn't it...... :wacko:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The beeb howed the cross country running yesterday from Edinburgh. It is a shame that they can't find it in themselves to show the cycling equivilent.

col

Legendary Member
I think a magazine type show ,dealing with all aspects of bikes and cycling would go down well,its a shame no channel seems to want to.

mondobongo

Über Member
Anyone else sad enough to notice that one of the trikes used in the dog sled report in Countryfile had disc brakes and another had a suspension fork?

sheddy

Legendary Member
col said:
I think a magazine type show ,dealing with all aspects of bikes and cycling would go down well,its a shame no channel seems to want to.
Tis a shame indeed. I wonder if the way forward is to start with radio and later transfer to TV.
Yes it is a daft idea but the BBC has many programmes on R4 which seem to be unsuitable, ie country walks, museum tours, rural life and various wildlife and birdwatching items

Arch

Married to Night Train
sheddy said:
Tis a shame indeed. I wonder if the way forward is to start with radio and later transfer to TV.
Yes it is a daft idea but the BBC has many programmes on R4 which seem to be unsuitable, ie country walks, museum tours, rural life and various wildlife and birdwatching items

Yes, quite right, and I find some of the walking programmes really tantalising - you hear the presenter saying "wow, look at that" and you want to go and see it, whereas on telly, well, you have seen it, albeit in a small box.

Also, the discipline of having to explain something visual in words, I think, can make things easier to understand or imagine.

Dave5N

Über Member
Someone should start a petition.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Someone will know how to make a radio pilot and how to lobby the right BBC radio producers. I have asked the CTC in the past about TV exposure but they don't consider it to be part of their core business

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Dave5N said:
WTF is Resonance FM?

Not exactly Radio 4 is it. Never come across it on my radio - or is it only London cyclists that need to be better informed? ;)
You can subscribe for free podcast through their site (downloads thru iTunes...) I'll give it a listen at some point!

sheddy

Legendary Member
Just had a thought. I believe that Richard Hammond bloke not only rides a bike but also does some DJ stuff on the radio. All we need to do is persuade the BBC to let him host a Cycling Radio Show. Any ideas for a snappy programme title ?
Freewheel ?

Top Bottom