1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycling on TV tonight

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by vbc, 7 Jan 2008.

1. vbc

vbc Guest

And not the good stuff. Programme about conflict between road users, might be worth a watch or may be just predictable.

BBC1, 9.00pm, Monday the 7th.

2. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

No Vikky Pendleton then?

3. walker

walker New Member

if she's not in it, I'm not watching it :biggrin:

4. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

I expect it wiil be the usual cyclists who are RLJ's and come near to accidents with peds, and lots of car drivers moaning about them. Nothing new is expected.

5. trio25

trio25 Über Member

Recording it so might watch it while I iron tommorrow.

6. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Complete load of anti Cycling shite unfortunately. :biggrin::sad:;):sad::biggrin::sad:

7. graham56

graham56 Veteran

Would that be the RLJ`ers then dom? They deserve everthing they get, they give all decent cyclists a bad name.

8. andygates

andygates New Member

It's got the naked ride.

9. Brock

Brock Senior Member

The halfwit on the school run was funny.
    'They're seven years old! you can't expect them to walk 2 MILES UP HILL!! Utter madness!'

10. He cracked me up too but the one I found really daft was the Van that ferried the kids to school 4-500 yards away, he needs the van to carry the dogs !!

11. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Amusing tv on the whole but extremely biased against cyclists and although comedy you'll get some motorists who'll just use it as propaganda.

12. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

The programme has portrayed cycling as either a fringe activity conducted by loonies or mind bogglingly dangerous and cyclists as a lawless bunch of criminals who are killing children left right and centre.

13. NickM

NickM Über Member

Telly going in the skip tomorrow, then?

You know it makes sense. If you like football, it's better watched in the pub anyway!

14. NickM

NickM Über Member

Personally, I'd save the thumbscrews and rubber truncheons for sanctimonious bastards...

15. graham56

graham56 Veteran

Dom, don`t think there was any mention of cyclists killing children although it did mention one child being hit on a ped crossing by a RLJ. I say the few bad cyclists give the rest of us a bad name. Sorry but i can`t condone them, likewise with the drivers turning left and hitting/ killing cyclists.