Cycling Partner wanted for Spanish tour!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

michaelwalsh

Hello;)

To celebrate the end of University, I invite you to join me for a tour in Spain.... Anyway, I am Irish, 23 years old and a fully supported tourist who camps (generally wild). I aim to leave from the east midlands on the middle of September, going south to Plymouth directly on bike and then taking the ferry to Santander (18 hours).

Spain: Cycling westward from there to Oviedo ( close to the picos de Europa ), along the coast to A Coruna, santiago de compostela, Ourense and contining to Salamanca briefly through Portugal. Then directly south in Extremadura to Caceres and Merida.

Eastwards then through the Sierra Moreno to Cordoba. And direct to Granada finishing.

Santander – gijon-la coruna-muxia-santiago-ourense-salamanca = 1200km
Salamanca- caceres = 200 km
Caceres-merida-sierra moreno-cordoba = 350 km
Cordoba –Granada = 160 km
Total roughly: 1900 km

See you on the road in the fine weather!
Mike

Sounds like a great trip. MW!
What do you reckon, 3-4 weeks?
Wrong time of year for me, otherwise it would have been mulled over!
Good luck!

MarkF

Guru
I met 3 Mick Walsh's in Barcelona last week, all from Dundalk, exactly how many of you are there?;)

Good luck with the trip, I love northern Spain and although Oviedo is very nice, I prefer Gijon, bit soon for me to go back to Spain and at 46 you'd leave me for dead:biggrin: There is a superb road running parallel to the coast and the new motorway, quiet, flatish with great views and deserted beaches, Asturias is a beautiful area.

Have a good trip!

Top Bottom