Cycling partnerships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
My wife hates cycling, or rather she is scared of falling off. Off road on road it doesn't make a difference

I've now given up and do it on my own

defy-one

My wife has no interest in cycling (although she did follow the tour and Olympics).
However, she realises how important cycling is to me in terms of maintaining my sanity! She suggests I go for a ride while she bakes her cakes.
She's pretty much perfect.

Sounds like Mrs Defy - a keeper

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Mrs Rocky and I met in 1986 doing the Nice Triathlon. We married a year later after doing the Finnish Ironman - so it's our 25th anniversary in a couple of weeks. We still cycle together and did LEJOG last year for a family holiday.

Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it ^_^
Wonderful, does Mrs R know you're in Australia yet....

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Himself bought a bike a year after I did but it's easier to pull teeth than it is to get him out on it as he's nervous around traffic, doesn't like being seen in lycra yet won't ride in jeans, doesn't like rain etc etc etc. It's a year old and probably done less than 300 miles.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
My wife hates cycling, or rather she is scared of falling off. Off road on road it doesn't make a difference

I've now given up and do it on my own
I don't know whether this is interesting to you or not, but while I was able to enthuse Susie, some of the real jumps came from other people. Fab Foodie, for one, got her up the Ditchling Beacon for the first time. It might be that somebody else could help where you can't.

That's not a judgement thing, by the way.

Mrs C doesn't ride for riding's sake but does go mtn biking with us, out for a day ride and will tour. She's into the whole holidays with bikes thing even if she doesn't ride at other times. We've done a few tours in the UK and France. Recently she has thought about cycling to work a few times a week, that would be a first.

lukesdad

Horses innit,

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I don't know whether this is interesting to you or not, but while I was able to enthuse Susie, some of the real jumps came from other people. Fab Foodie, for one, got her up the Ditchling Beacon for the first time. It might be that somebody else could help where you can't.

That's not a judgement thing, by the way.

You're probably right there as it's easier for me to tell the other half to eff off and let me walk up a hill whereas I was less likely to do it with Adam or Titus, mainly because T is a bit scary and was literally pushing me. Sometimes you need to hear the same encouragement but from different people.

asterix

Comrade Member
Mrs A was more of a utility cyclist. Used to cycle to work or into town regularly but unfortunately her health has put a stop to that and she has also packed up driving. Fortunately she is pretty mobile through other means and won't actually get rid of the bike but I think her riding days are over. I keep the tyres pumped up!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Mrs SBIB couldn't ride a bike until a couple of weeks ago. Brilliant course at Bikeright in Manchester sorted that, apparently shes a natural at this bikey lark, and has cost me £300 on a nice Dutch bike from EBC and a bit more on some laydees bike clothing.

I've never parted with that much money with a smile on my face before.

Top Bottom