Cycling partnerships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Who here also has a cycling other half?
Did one of you convert the other or meet through a mutual love of all things cycle-able?
If not, does your other half "get" you?
Mr6 is responsible for my love of cycling, he has always had a bike -as a child and adult - whereas I was more "erm, no thanks love. Off you go!"
Sometimes, and don't tell him this, but I like to go out for a ride by myself:cycle:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Arch and I both cycle but we met over a love of big steam driven machines!:wub:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nope. And like it that way.
Myself and Mrs Ian like to have our own space, we don't like to be in each others pockets.
Cycling gives me that.
She has her running and running club, I hate running.
We do other things together as a family

postman

Legendary Member
It's my escape from indoors.It's a bloke thing with me,sorry ladies no offence.I need time with blokes i live in a household of three women.And i am retired no lost my interaction with the male species.Wife understands and she hates my cycling outfits.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Yes, Chuffy and I met across crowded pixels on what was the old Cycling Plus internet forum, and met in person on a round Britain C+ cycle jersey relay organised by forum members. Eight years later we're still pedalling together...

2PedalsTez

Über Member
My wife has no interest in cycling (although she did follow the tour and Olympics).
However, she realises how important cycling is to me in terms of maintaining my sanity! She suggests I go for a ride while she bakes her cakes.
She's pretty much perfect.

She was not that keen, but then found touring, commuting and day rides.

Due to knee problems she no longer commutes by bicycle, but we do everything else by bike

My wallet has never recovered!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mr Summerdays likes cycling and doesn't mind spending money on it (so I don't need to hide my purchases), but he isn't as keen. He's given up commuting this summer and returned to using the car - "because all the other cyclists annoy him". He is intending to start commuting again in the Autumn when he hopes there will be fewer around. He hates cycling events too - seems to be more of a loner cyclist. I'm the opposite and love cycling in a crowd.

Top Bottom