Cycling Photo Challenge - Entries and Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribansman

Veteran
Mini T falling in love with his new BMX...

20211029_175459.jpg

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Very well done on all the entries, folks. I can't remember anything resembling a frost so far this autumn, so in these parts anyway there's precious little sign of serious autumnal colours, making everyone's task that bit harder. The level of inventiveness you've shown in these testing circumstances is amazing!

As I've reviewed them once again this morning, inevitably I see additional merit in several of them that I hadn't appreciated before, making me wonder if I'm doing the right thing...

But I'm no photographic expert, and I have to stick with the image which made the biggest impact when I first saw it and still intrigues me every time I look at it. The image from @gtmet taken at Sea Mills by the Avonmouth road out of Bristol. Superficially a static scene and yet there's so much happening, and the bike sits there just perfectly. Naturally enough the first thing I registered was the stone bridge, which I first took to be a railway, but quickly realised is not - and I'm drawn in:

Well done gtmet!

gtmet

Über Member
Thank you for your complimentary remarks. As I understand it, it now falls to me to propose the next challenge. I will do this by tomorrow evening.

(For those who do not know the location, the railway, being a late iron age concept, uses the plate girder bridge in the background. Roads, you will notice are neolithic; the Romans could do round arches.)

Last edited:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Thank you for your complimentary remarks. As I understand it, it now falls to me to propose the next challenge. I will do this by tomorrow evening.

(For those who do not know the location, the railway, being a late iron age concept, uses the plate girder bridge in the background. Roads, you will notice are neolithic; the Romans could do round arches.)
Great photo. Well deserved win!

gtmet

Über Member
November Challenge.

Since I flippantly referred to the late iron age I have been unable to get the idea out of my mind.
Hence, the theme:

'Age of Iron'

Whether the Iron Age has ended or not, its drama and artefacts are all around us, so plenty of scope. Usual rule, at least part of a bicycle must be included, in a pictorially appropriate way.

To avoid the obvious risk, the usual important safety rule: Anyone even suspected of trespass upon the Iron Way will be disqualified with extreme prejudice.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Looking forward to this challenge! 👍

Top Bottom