cycling plus is now officially dead

will you miss it?

• i'll never get over it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • could be worse. at least we're here now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Sad EH !

Nearly as bad as my front wheel... :blush:

Cab

I never really liked the forum layout there, or the way it worked. Thats why I was a member for ages before really getting into it. But other than that, the content was good and it had a broad, often very well informed membership.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
It says 'currently closed', with the implication that it might yet return. Perhaps if enough people desert, they at C+ may yet decide that the old wine is better.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
too much time invested in bikeradar for them to go back.

i really do believe that BR will become a decent site, buts its trying to do too much.
Its a combined news site for four mags
its a combined forum for four mags
its a mess

Now that Future have bought Cycling news, maybe they will try to incorporate that. and then it really will become a shambles

yenrod

Steve Austin said:
too much time invested in bikeradar for them to go back.

i really do believe that BR will become a decent site, buts its trying to do too much.
Its a combined news site for four mags
its a combined forum for four mags
its a mess

Now that Future have bought Cycling news, maybe they will try to incorporate that. and then it really will become a shambles

You've put all my thoughts into the post above ! :blush: wht I've felt over this BR thing...

In fact I never knew it was trying to as it was re: 4 mags & forums etc...

What a 'thing'...:rolleyes:

Also - poll: I was gonna click - 'never get over it...

But then actually clicked the last 1........

Keith Oates

Janner
I had spent many happy hours on that site and made some good friends. I also used it to keep me up to date with some of the happenings in the UK outside of biking. But as the saying goes nothing is forever and so it's over and out for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

derall

Guru
Unkraut]It says said:
the old wine is better.[/i]

And then what? CC took us in when we were homeless, if C+re-opened would we go back?

It was a good community over there, but C+ kicked us out. C+ is dead and buried (RIP), long live CC :blush:

Cab

It was just a forum. Not a particularly well maintained forum, not especially well laid out, and it transpires not a forum where the members were well regarded by those who ran it. So its gone. Oh well. Can't say as I'm bothered any more.

I was incensed by the change to my name. Still won't sit well with me, that. But thats it really, I don't care. Got a better forum here, I think.

ChrisKH

Guru
End of an era in some respects. I automatically hit the C+ icon in favourites yesterday and it came up 'Cycling Plus is currently closed'. Brought a tear to the eye. Can't bring myself to delete the link.

Still, onwards and upwards as the Bishop said to the actress. :blush:

Cab

Just another thought.

Many of us met on C+. But we are NOT C+, and this is NOT the C+ forum. If this place is to thrive then its time to 'get over it'.

ChrisKH said:
End of an era in some respects. I automatically hit the C+ icon in favourites yesterday and it came up 'Cycling Plus is currently closed'. Brought a tear to the eye. Can't bring myself to delete the link.

Still, onwards and upwards as the Bishop said to the actress. :thumbsup:

You implying I prance around wearing funny frocks, wear a funny hat whilst waving a hooky stick and blaming all this bad weather on the gay community mate? (and I don`t live in Durham either) :rolleyes: :laugh:

(See my post above :blush: )

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It appears that most of us are now in the new place. So as C+ has gone it is up to us to make this place our new 'home' so to speak.

Top Bottom