Cycling purchases - the good the bad the ugly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Provis jacket, too hot and sweaty to be usable in anything above -20C.

Some cheap bell I bought where the pinger p***d off into the long grass never to be found, on first attempt at real use.

Good - JoeBlow Track Pump. Love this thing, had a cheaper track pump before but was gubbins. This one is excellent.

Bad - Almost every 'mini' pump I've bought. Last one I worked out would need 100s of compresses to even get a low 40psi in, dumped it.

Ugly - A bright orange waterproof jacket. Could probably go in the bad section too but its ugliness outranks it's lack of dryness.

Windle

Über Member
Good - JoeBlow Track Pump. Love this thing, had a cheaper track pump before but was gubbins. This one is excellent.

Bad - Almost every 'mini' pump I've bought. Last one I worked out would need 100s of compresses to even get a low 40psi in, dumped it.

Ugly - A bright orange waterproof jacket. Could probably go in the bad section too but its ugliness outranks it's lack of dryness.

+ 1 for the JoeBlow track pump, had mine about fifteen years and it's been superb, only gripe is the little plastic swing clip that held the handle in when not in use snapped off long ago (replaced with a cable tie) and a slightly rusty base.

Another good is something I've only recently acquired - a proper turbo tyre, instead of old worn out normal ones. The difference in noise is very noticeable with a turbo session no longer sounding like Royal Scots Grey howling into Gasworks tunnel in 1977 :laugh:.

Top Bottom