Cycling puzzles to while away the ... seconds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Someone wants to cycle LEJOG but is starting with little experience. To build up confidence and fitness they decide on a strategy which involves cycling one mile on Day 1, two miles on Day 2, three miles on Day 3 and so on. If their chosen route is 1000 miles, how many days will it take them?

[Edited to address lack of precision in the question:sad:]

Gauss would have that sorted in a minute ...

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Gauss would have that sorted in a minute ...
Excel had it sorted in about 30s...

winjim

Smash the cistern
Someone wants to cycle LEJOG but is starting with little experience. To build up confidence and fitness they decide on a strategy which involves cycling one mile on Day 1, two miles on Day 2, three miles on Day 3 and so on. If their chosen route is 1000 miles, how many days will it take them?

[Edited to address lack of precision in the question:sad:]
The fact that they have decided on that strategy shows that they are indeed inexperienced as it is utterly impractical and there is no way they would be able to implement it. So I'm going to say that they would have to modify their strategy once they started and it would take them a few months as they would probably give up and go back to the planning stage before restarting. Maybe a few weeks if they were bloody minded enough to press on.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The fact that they have decided on that strategy shows that they are indeed inexperienced as it is utterly impractical and there is no way they would be able to implement it. So I'm going to say that they would have to modify their strategy once they started and it would take them a few months as they would probably give up and go back to the planning stage before restarting. Maybe a few weeks if they were bloody minded enough to press on.
A better idea would be to start at a reasonably managable 20 miles per day and build from there. It would save 19 days of pointless short distance riding.

Top Bottom