Cycling safety research

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

I am a final year student at university, as part of my assignment I am researching cycling safety. I would be so grateful if you could complete this short survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SHGBXWK it will only take 2 minutes! The survey is completely anonymous and the results will only be used in my research assignment.

Thank you so much for your help!

Edward

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mod Note: it is a survey on helmets, put your comments down on the survey rather than here:rolleyes:

Had a look. Too many presumptions and leading questions, meaning participants will not be representative of the general cycling population.

If the OP would like to amend the thread title to make it clear that this is a marketing survey to gather information pertinent to manufacturers and/or retailers of a specific product category, that would be a lot more truthful.

Had a look. Too many presumptions and leading questions, meaning participants will not be representative of the general cycling population.

If the OP would like to amend the thread title to make it clear that this is a marketing survey to gather information pertinent to manufacturers and/or retailers of a specific product category, that would be a lot more truthful.
I doubt it is and think that's a bit unfair. I am sure it is a uni project on the assumption that all cyclists wear 'safety helmets'.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I would like to know the problem you are trying to solve, what evidence you have that it really is a problem, and how you think these ideas may be a solution to it.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Do companies routinely pose as students with fake surveys to justify an existing product? Or is it more probable that he's an actual student with a few erroneous (IMO, I'd be interested in his evidence) ideas about cycling safety?

@EdwardUniStudent are you really researching cycling safety? Or is it product design?

OP
OP
E

EdwardUniStudent

Hi all,

Thanks for all your help it is very much appreciated. I am a final year university student.

As part of my assessment, I am collecting primary market research about cyclists with regard to justifying the validity of a new product concept (helmet).

Once again, Thank you for all your help so far!

Edward

Last edited:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Hi all,

Thanks for all your help it is very much appreciated. I am a final year university student.

As part of my assessment, I am collecting primary market research about cyclists with regard to justifying the validity of a new product concept (helmet).

Once again, Thank you for all your help so far!

Edward
Don't mind filling in the survey but it's not accurate to say you are 'researching cycling safety'.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
^^^^+1^^^^ but to be fair, Edward can say he is researching whatever he likes, our responses in his survey can hopefully express our own thoughts and opinions on that as a statement.

I made that point in the comments opportunities in the survey that safety and helmets is not a given.

Edward, I don't know your experience of cycling or the politics YKWIM of helmets in the happy hamlet of byclists, but they are a hugely polarising issue particularly the inference or expectation of them acting as a safety device.

Illumination up top also has its fans and detractors.

If you want a taste of the passions and entrenched opinions helmets can raise on both sides of the argument, mosey on over to the helmet section, get a brew and settle down for an afternoon reading the great helmet debate thread. :smile:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I did not complete the survey as I think the field you are trying to cover, cycle helmets with integrated lights, is well catered for already. Helmets are now being designed with all sorts of integrated lights and earpieces. It wont be long before we can read our Garmins without taking our eyes off the road. If that gizmo has not been invented already.

Educating motorists is the way to better cycle safety. We have all the bells, whistles, lights, helmets and reflective material, we can handle. But until motorists are educated they are all pretty useless.

Drago

Legendary Member
Done, but I do feel that the researcher has worded her questions from the standpoint that helmets work without dispute, and lights on helmets are a good thing. Not the most objective wording I've seen,

Top Bottom