Cycling safety research

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
The OP made his position sufficiently clear, I can't see anything sinister or devious about the poll, just a part of his learning process. Why do people come up with comments regarding asking the wrong questions, making incorrect assumptions, and trying to guess the motive for the poll, etc.? We don't know a thing about the OP or the person who set the assignment, or anything about their knowledge or experience of bicycles and or helmets, or what they wish to achieve by setting this poll. If it is a ploy to test the market for a new product, I doubt anyone would invest or not invest in development funds on the strength of the views of a few grumpy cyclists on here:biggrin:.

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Hi,

I am a final year student at university, as part of my assignment I am researching cycling safety.

image.jpeg

Drago

Legendary Member
The OP made his position sufficiently clear, I can't see anything sinister or devious about the poll, just a part of his learning process. Why do people come up with comments regarding asking the wrong questions, making incorrect assumptions, and trying to guess the motive for the poll, etc.?

Why not? It's what some of us think, and it's a free county.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
The OP made his position sufficiently clear, I can't see anything sinister or devious about the poll, just a part of his learning process. Why do people come up with comments regarding asking the wrong questions, making incorrect assumptions, and trying to guess the motive for the poll, etc.? We don't know a thing about the OP or the person who set the assignment, or anything about their knowledge or experience of bicycles and or helmets, or what they wish to achieve by setting this poll. If it is a ploy to test the market for a new product, I doubt anyone would invest or not invest in development funds on the strength of the views of a few grumpy cyclists on here:biggrin:.
No ill will meant on my part, I'm just interested.

crazyjoe101

I think that constructive criticism or polite opinions on survey questions are some of the most valuable comments a student conducting research can receive even if it does not answer what they are trying to ask with the survey, purely because without an effective survey you cannot conduct valid research and any competent teacher/assessor will spot this.
I don't know what marketing type courses are like but from a mathematical background if I designed a poor questionnaire for one of my projects or assessments even back at A level it would skew my entire project and harm my marks as I'd have stumbled on the first hurdle.
If the survey can be refined and improved to a point where it can take in the full range of relevant responses from the target audience then that is a great starting point for the rest of the process, a lot of the surveys I see on here aren't terrible or sinister as some seem to imply but they do need to be reworded and structured to be effective.

Top Bottom