Cycling shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy clarke

Are these any good the pair I have are shamino single Velcro which I think are quite old although new if that makes sense what's people's options unless some has any 9-91/2. I've borrowers my mates specialized bg mountain I believe they are with triple fastenings and felt a lot better
image.jpg

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I saw these in person as it were when I was in Sports Direct.
They seemed pretty good for the money. I wouldn't want to do 100 miles in them, and I'm sure they won't last as long as a more expensive pair.

I'd try them on before I bought, to check the fit, if I were you.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I have had these exact shoes for the last 7 months. Used everyday, they still look new. Obviously more expensive ones are better made, but IMHO, a decent shoe for the money.

Are these any good the pair I have are shamino single Velcro which I think are quite old although new if that makes sense what's people's options unless some has any 9-91/2. I've borrowers my mates specialized bg mountain I believe they are with triple fastenings and felt a lot better

If you are currently in a pair of Spec BGs, then the Muddy Fox shoes will probably feel like planks of wood by comparison, unfortunately.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
The sole is flat apart from the obvious studding on the bottom that you can see in the picture. They are really quite stiff for a cheap shoe aswell.
I am a size 9, but had to get an 8.
They are a cheap shoe, but as far as I'm concerned, not too shabby for the money. They are technically a mountain bike shoe(not that, that really matters). They take an SPD pedal and cleat. A bit easier to walk in than road shoes.
I haven't ever used really expensive shoes so I can't comment on comparisons. Obviously materials will be a higher spec.
That's about all I can tell you really. Hope it helps you decide. They also do triple fasten, all the way down.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The muddy fox shoes are flexy which isn't good in a cycling shoe. They aren't made well either. Save your dosh till after Xmas and get a pair of decent shoes in the sale.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In my opinion they are flexy, I've looked at them. Roadrider likes them though.

I am comparing to some Spesh BG Pro Carbon and some Lake MTB shoes.

Kies

My muddyfox shoes (£16) have been going a whole year and still look new. If they are your first foray into the world of clipless riding - do it!
I will buy some better ones at some stage, but no real need as yet.

Not about Muddyfox shoes as tried them on and they were far too small In the end I bought Shimano spd type (which I had to buy two sizes lager to fit me 47) with lace ups but finding having bough some Planet X overshoes Its a stuggle to go the over the shoes and they were XL-XXL sizing So was thinking of trying a pair of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EIGO-Anta..._Lights&var=&hash=item826f8fc13b#ht_264wt_712
Has Any one got or tried these shoes? Does the size come up small? or any other things I should know like as they have no tread as such on the sole I'm thinking that they would be easier to put overshoes over the top! OK I know my Shimano ones are still barely 12 months old But I use them in the Summer
Anyone got any thoughts Regards Antnee

Top Bottom