Cycling shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

Not about Muddyfox shoes as tried them on and they were far too small In the end I bought Shimano spd type (which I had to buy two sizes lager to fit me 47) with lace ups but finding having bough some Planet X overshoes Its a stuggle to go the over the shoes and they were XL-XXL sizing So was thinking of trying a pair of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EIGO-Anta..._Lights&var=&hash=item826f8fc13b#ht_264wt_712
Has Any one got or tried these shoes? Does the size come up small? or any other things I should know like as they have no tread as such on the sole I'm thinking that they would be easier to put overshoes over the top! OK I know my Shimano ones are still barely 12 months old But I use them in the Summer
Anyone got any thoughts Regards Antnee
They look a good shoe

vickster

Legendary Member
Not about Muddyfox shoes as tried them on and they were far too small In the end I bought Shimano spd type (which I had to buy two sizes lager to fit me 47) with lace ups but finding having bough some Planet X overshoes Its a stuggle to go the over the shoes and they were XL-XXL sizing So was thinking of trying a pair of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EIGO-Anta..._Lights&var=&hash=item826f8fc13b#ht_264wt_712
Has Any one got or tried these shoes? Does the size come up small? or any other things I should know like as they have no tread as such on the sole I'm thinking that they would be easier to put overshoes over the top! OK I know my Shimano ones are still barely 12 months old But I use them in the Summer
Anyone got any thoughts Regards Antnee

The cleats aren't recessed so could be slippy slippy, fine if no need to walk anywhere on hard surfaces

OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

These are my current shoes I'm not sure how old they are image.jpg image.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
You need an MTB style shoe rather than a road style to have the recessed cleats. What's your budget for the shoes?

OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

I like triple Velcro mine above don't seem to do up nice with the single!! Any idea if they are antique? They hadn't even had the cleat hole cut out when I bought them for £13 I think I got fiddled even at that price!!

vickster

Legendary Member
I have the specialized Sonoma, 3 Velcro, recessed cleats, very comfy, more so with bg insoles added.

Discontinued now but there are some deals around online depending on shoe size. They do come up wide and large unlike many cycling shoes

Top Bottom