Cycling Cleats?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avidbiker309

Hey guys, new to the forum/community. I recently started cycling again and stumbled across these 2-Step Cleats on Kickstarter. Something I noticed was how sore and strained my muscles feel after cycling for even just a little bit, I think it has to do with how strenuously I’m pedaling against uphill courses. The cleats supposedly help with this? I’ve been looking around for something to help ease my way back into it and these seem promising but i’m still not sure, should I go for it, or do you guys recommend something else?

I can't seem to post links on here yet, so if you could help me out by just searching for: "2-Step Cleats: Clip Into Optimized Pedaling" on Google, it should be the first website.

Thanks!

Brandon

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
no it will not , its snake oil.Plenty of set up websites/ videos about how to set cleats up for the best comfort and efficiency
your liable to have sore muscles due to
a , not being used to riding
b, saddle height normally to low
c, trying to ride by pushing a big gear rather than spinning an easier gear faster

freiston

Veteran
I suspect that only just recently starting cycling again will have something to do with your muscles feeling sore and strained. "Bike fit" could also have something to do with it but even if your bike fit is optimal, I would still expect you to feel it in your muscles because you've only just started using them like that.

Personally, I agree with cybernight that those cleats are snake oil and also with his a,b & c suggestions.

Do you use cleats now? If not, then you don't need cleats to change your foot position on your pedal. If you do use cleats, then you could always shift them backwards or forwards to experiment but I wouldn't bother unless I was convinced they needed changing (if they're already in the right position, you could make things worse). If you want to use your muscles differently when climbing, try sitting as far back on the saddle as comfortable/safe and hold the tops of the bars with your arms extended more than usual - you might find that you can push forward over the top of the pedal stroke rather than pushing down to the bottom of the stroke (I hope that makes sense).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The best cleats, by far, are Shimano SPD for general use. You can't argue that. Thread OVER.

PS Road cleat user too, but the SPD cleats are ace full stop.

Reactions: C R
If it's on Kickstarter it could be years before they're made if indeed they ever are.
As above - it's either advertising or you just need to get used to cycling.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Shimano SPD M520. Not too expensive. They work really well. Turn down the release torque to the minimum.

Top Bottom